gaming mouse

Status
Not open for further replies.

xbonez

NP : Crysis
Could neone plz tell me about any gaming mouse and its market price. i live in new delhi so availability shouldn't be a prob. also plz try to give link to website if u have it

saurabh DH

Broken In
got to logitech.com or rptechindia.com(*www.rptechindia.com/rashib2c/productrp.asp?maincategory=Input+Devices&subcategory=Mice&maincatgrp=)

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
There are many options out there.
First I begin from the cheapest ones.

For 450~500 bucks: Tech com, Intex lasers
1600 DPI. Normal 3 buttons.
*techcomindia.com/index.asp

For 800~1000
Genius laser mice: www.geniusnet.com
Iball laser mice : www.iball.co.in

For 1000 to 2000
Microsoft entry level laser mice

For 2000 to 3000
Logitech: MX 518 [2.5k]
1600 dpi laser
www.logitech.com

Microsoft Laser 6000
2000 dpi laser[ 2.6k]

For 3000-5000
Logitech G5 2000 Dpi [3.4k]
adjustable weights

Razer Diamondback or Copperhead[ 3.5k to 4k]
Best known laser in the world. Approved by FATAL1TY

Logitech G7 [5k]
Its the G5 wireless edition, but dun have weight adjustments, instead it has the Li-ion battery.

aquamatrix

Journeyman
well if you can get the MX 518, its prolly the best non laser gaming mice.

Razer is awesome, but ppl face loads of problems with it.

if on a tight budget go for i ball laser precise for 700 bucks.

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
@aquamatrix
MX 518 is a LASER mouse, but uses Laser Engine 1 technology with 1600 dpi, whereas G5 has LASER Engine 2 tech with 2000dpi.
Its better to stretch 1k more to get the G5 itself. Its got lot more features,perfomance and comfort.
G5's feet are best and it has weight adjustment and its software support is superb[ but only work well in Xp, nut even in 2000].

Im currently using the iball one and its really gud for the price. Good controll of the crosshair and comfortable on hands too.Go for it if u are low on budget.

aquamatrix

Journeyman
^^ i'm pretty sure MX 518 is optical.

well most gamers have there own views, some of the best professional gamers are still on 400 dpi optical mouses( the intelli series from microsoft being an example), while some are on 2000 dpi monsters.

if you take my opinion then mx518 + a good cloth pad is unbeatable. :p

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
Even if its called an 'optical mouse', it uses laser engine 1 technology from logitech. So technically speaking its a laser mouse. Also the mouse seems to be very large, so some may not find it very comfortable. But due to the desing of G5, even people with smaller palms too can use it comfortably.
And u mentioned bout problems in Razer mice, but there are more s/w problems than for logitech than of razer.

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
Ive used MX 518, G5, MS laser 6000 etc and also had chance to use some best mousepads like razer mantis[on a friend's place: a distant friend so cudn't ask him to get one].
I personally liked the G5 one. As for me, i dun like to spend 3.5k for a mouse[even if its worth it], so went for iball for 750 bucks.

aquamatrix

Journeyman
i've used iball too, and its too good for playing games like UT, Quake 3.

but for games that require low sensitivity gameplay like CS its definitely isn't good.

Ch@0s

In the zone
MX518/DeathAdder/DiamondBack are all optical. Copperhead/G5/Habu/MS Laser are laser mice. Its pretty easy to see what sensor it is... just turn the mouse upside down :p. Also IMHO the Mantis is a POS. Laser performs well only on the right surface. On cheapo surfaces, it sucks.

aquamatrix

Journeyman
^^ ... a much better option is to get the microsoft intellimouse 1.1, it comes for 1.1k and is 5 button gaming mouse.

dont go for iball

axe0911

Right off the assembly line
a razer copperhead and a mantis control..u can chek the pics on the official razer site- razerzone.com ...

axe0911

Right off the assembly line
Stalker said:
^^that combo is awesome.....is it available in india??

i have that combo..i noe that its damn gud...yes it is available in india go to the site and chek...

OP
xbonez

xbonez

NP : Crysis
how much is the mx518 available for?

also, i saw a creative fata1ity gaming mouse? howz its rep? anyone used it?

Stalker

Padawan
^^
Fata1ity laser mouse.....looks different..
*www.creative.com/products/product.asp?category=10&subcategory=223&product=15037

Fata1ity keyboard
*www.creative.com/products/product.asp?category=10&subcategory=225&product=15332

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom