Gaming Laptop Under 65K

H2O

Journeyman
1) What is your budget? (INR or USD)

Rs 60,000 - Rs 65,000.

2) What size & weight consideration (if any) would you prefer?

Mainstream. 15" - 16" Screen.

3) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?

No.

4) What are the primary tasks will you be performing with this notebook?

Gaming & Browsing Internet.

5) What screen resolution(s) & type (glossy/matte) would you prefer?

HD.

6) Anything else you would like to say? (eg: local purchase, ASS,matte/glossy finish)

I would like to ask something. I have an old laptop "HP ProBook 4420s" whose configuration is:- Core i5 M450 @ 2.40 GHz, 3 GB RAM, 300 GB HDD and Intel(R) HD 1 GB inbuilt Graphics. Its around two and half years old. I just want to know what would be the fair selling price? There are some in my city who are interested in buying it.

My Budget is actually Rs 50,000 + whatever I get from selling this one.

Thanks.

Vintech009

Shady Aftermath
U can take either Lenovo Ideapad Y500 or Samsung NP550P5C-S05 eyes closed:p
And idk about ur laptop which ur selling but other day i checked olx and was shocked that people are selling laptop which is having i7 and graphic card for only 15000.

Vintech009

Shady Aftermath
Ya y500 ftw but S05 got a decent design moreover gc is same in both.

Here S03*compareindia.in.com/specification/laptops/samsung-np550p5cs03in/297642

I say you go with this one.

Gtb93

In the zone
If it's a gaming laptop you need- you have two options at the moment.
1. NP550P5C-s05IN Samsung.
2. Lenovo Y500.

The Y500 has the better variant(DDR5) of the card 650M(Nvidia). The Y500 also has a full HD resolution screen(1920), over samsung's HD+ (1600*). The Y500 has a weaker battery, is more heavier and bulkier than the s05. Heating is a topic open to discussion, some say the y500 is hotter, others say s05 runs hotter. The y500 has a red backlit keyboard, the s05 doesn't.
the y500 is costlier than the s05 too. but is a better 'gaming' machine imho. However, the not-so-great touchpad and bulky feel are the drawbacks.

Vintech009

Shady Aftermath
^Agreed

Hotter?! Not a question when laptop is using ivy bridge. And if u game in dark y500 comes handy.

^Agreed

Hotter?! Not a question when laptop is using ivy bridge. And if u game in dark y500 comes handy.

pratyush997

Inactive
S05 :-

• HD 4000 (WiDi is supported)
  • nVidia Optimus
  • Speakers
  • Weigh less

Y500 :-
  • FHD (1080p)
  • Better contrast ratio
  • Backlit keyboard
  • Runs a way cooler
  • ADP

My vote goes to Y500.

OP
H2O

H2O

Journeyman
Cheers for the reply, guys.

I seem to be inclined towards Y500 as of now but had a doubt.

Read somewhere about Y500 heating up quite quickly. I'll mostly be playing FIFA, PES, NFS and Racing Games. So, how long can I play for before it gets heated up too much?

KyleSforza

Banned

Read somewhere about Y500 heating up quite quickly. I'll mostly be playing FIFA, PES, NFS and Racing Games. So, how long can I play for before it gets heated up too much?
Fifa and PES doesn't really heat up anything much. :p Around 70C you can say.

and Pratyush, you forgot good looks point for Series 5! lol

n3rd

In the zone

You're kidding right? Every laptop heats up - Y500 has excellent cooling system. It doesn't heat up quickly - where did you read that?
If anything Samsung is MUCH worse when it comes to overheating.

OP
H2O

H2O

Journeyman
You're kidding right? Every laptop heats up - Y500 has excellent cooling system. It doesn't heat up quickly - where did you read that?

I just wanted to clarify it. Read it somewhere. Hence.

As it stands, I will most probably get Y500.

KyleSforza

Banned
Its probably because half the active Samsung community is always running benchmarks instead of enjoying games. :p

P.S. Y500 heats up more than Samsung mate.
*forums.lenovo.com/t5/IdeaPad-Y-U-V-Z-and-P-series/Overheating-Y500/td-p/996169

n3rd

In the zone
Its probably because half the active Samsung community is always running benchmarks instead of enjoying games. :p

P.S. Y500 heats up more than Samsung mate.
*forums.lenovo.com/t5/IdeaPad-Y-U-V-Z-and-P-series/Overheating-Y500/td-p/996169

Yeah right - on what basis are you saying that? Because a couple of guys posted in the lenovo forum? And how on earth did you infer that it heats up more than Samsung laptops? I see what temps many in Samsung thread are getting - I mean they even reached 100 frequently for many users in the thread FFS. I use the laptop now extensively under A/C and hot conditions - and my experience has been the same as anupam's. The ones in the thread mostly had SLIs (which obviously would heat up more) or didn't have the fan in the place of ultrabay.

And we're talking about an FHD laptops cooling vs 720p, to put things in perspective.

Top Bottom