Gaming Laptop around 70kINR

AKP

Broken In
1) What is your budget? Around 70,000 INR

2) What size notebook would you prefer?
15+"

3) Which country will you buying this notebook?
India

4) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?
a. Like:HP Lenovo Dell nVidia
b. Dislike: Nothing in particular

5) What are the primary tasks will you be performing with this notebook?
Gaming,Programming,Designing

6) Will you be taking the notebook with you to different places, leaving it on your desk or both?
Size and weight don't matter.

A gaming lap for any type of games, all genre.

8) How many hours of battery life do you need?
Not a problem, GPU switching option would be helpful

I don't want to see the lap. Online buying is the main option.
Use Linux but Windows for gaming.So windows 7.

11) What screen resolution(s) would you prefer?
Dnt really knw abt that matter

=================================================================
I looked att these two options:

Qosmio X770-BT5G23 customized: at 1300 USD
Intel® Core™ i7-2670QM processor 2.2 GHz (3.1 GHz with Turbo Boost Technology)
Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium 64-bit, SP1
8GB DDR3 1333MHz
750GB HDD
1.5GB GDDR5 NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 560M with NVIDIA® Optimus™ Technology
17.3" diagonal widescreen HD+ (1600x900) TruBrite® LED Backlit display

HP ENVY 15-3017tx at 70k INR
Almost same specs except for
Intel® Core™ i7-2670QM processor 2.2 GHz
1 TB HDD
15.6" HD BrightView LED-backlit Display (1366x768)
Radeon HD 7690M (1 GB GDDR5)

I'm looking for the above specs and a DDR5 RAM, couldn't find a similar product in DELL.
Among the above two i'm confused based on the Gfx Card and the display size and resolution.I prefer bigger/better display.

Welcome to other suggestions, having atleast 15+" screen making Alienware out of question. I hated using the cramped Alienware11x.

Last edited:
OP
A

AKP

Broken In
Asus has a nvidia gt555 DDR3 gfx card, I'm looking for a DDR5 card to be futureproof.
Put's that lap out of consideration unless i find the 2 GB gt555 better than a 1.5GB gtx560.

sarthak

In the zone
It seems that you have configured the qosmio on us website. There's a huge difference in price in India and USA. In India Asus N55SF is the best option as it comes with a FHD display.

mailshobhon

THE HARDCORE GAMER
It seems that you have configured the qosmio on us website. There's a huge difference in price in India and USA. In India Asus N55SF is the best option as it comes with a FHD display.

if budget is not a issue then you can go for these laptops

HP ProBook 4431s Laptop: Flipkart.com: Compare, Review HP Notebook

HP Envy 15-3017Tx Laptop: Flipkart.com: Compare, Review HP Notebook

best hardware avaible in the market right now

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
HP ENVY 15-3017tx at 70k INR
Almost same specs except for
Intel® Core™ i7-2670QM processor 2.2 GHz
1 TB HDD
15.6" HD BrightView LED-backlit Display (1366x768)
Radeon HD 7690M (1 GB GDDR5)
Go for it. Dont get a NVIDIA GT card, This is one to get :D

here

pranav0091

I am not an Owl
Go for it. Dont get a NVIDIA GT card, This is one to get :D

here

The 7690M is just marginally better than the 6770M, so much so that one can easily claim 555=6770M=7690M.
As such it doesnt look very wise to me to go for the envy over an HP 6165tx
And why not buy an SSD with the spare cash? :unsure:

OP
A

AKP

Broken In
i was zeeroing in on the envy when i found out this hp pavillion offers same config at a lower price and a different but still ddr5 card of 2 gb...

HP Pavilion dv6-6165tx Entertainment Notebook PC (A3D56PA) specifications - HP Products for Home and Home Office products

Will this one out perform the envy given i opt for a 8gb variant...
just the gfx card to seperate em out...

mailshobhon

THE HARDCORE GAMER
i was zeeroing in on the envy when i found out this hp pavillion offers same config at a lower price and a different but still ddr5 card of 2 gb...

HP Pavilion dv6-6165tx Entertainment Notebook PC (A3D56PA) specifications - HP Products for Home and Home Office products

no envy has a better card

pranav0091

I am not an Owl

The envy has a better card, but by the slightest of margins. Its nothing that would be seen in real life. Something like 5fps on avg, as per notebookcheck.com. Note that the envy is costlier by nearly 15k.

If you have the money, go for it, looks great. But if VFM is also on your list, then 6165tx makes more sense. (especially a 6165tx+SSD if possible)

MyGeekTips

script-kiddie geek
^^ yup coorect, 7690m is just a rebranded 6770m with 100mhz speed boost based on 40nm. It is not the 28nm part. So not worth the money imo.

OP
A

AKP

Broken In
Thanks for all your inputs..I'm looking for VFM and hence more inclined to HP Pavillion now...

I wanted to ask, Since HP 6165tx comes with just 4gb ram ... Can pair it with another 8GB stick? Or only another 4GB stick can be used alongside...

And I don't think SSD would be available for this series, need to enquire...

Another think I would like to ask is that are any Lenovo Models available Y/Z series?
What's the best config Lenovo lap? Online site shows only **** laps..but better models are available in market.Anyone has any info regarding Lenovo or any otherbrands offering similar config...

arsenalfan001

Arsenal Fan
Uou can add 4/8GB RAM.
It has two slots and supports upto 16GB.
4GB DDR3 stick will cost around Rs. 1200/-

No idea about SSD.

There was one Y570 with second gen i7 and GT555m. But discontinued I guess.

arsenalfan001

Arsenal Fan
1GB / 2GB should not matter much, atleast for these mid range cards.
For example,1GB 6770 and 2GB 6770 has no difference in performance.
These cards wont be able to utilise whole 1GB graphics memory.
A 2GB GT540 is a marketing gimmick as most people will read it as 2GB graphics card.

deepwantsu

Right off the assembly line
I am too looking for a gaming laptop within he same range. although I can extend my range bit.
I was wondering is Qosmio X770 series is available in India and what about msi or Asus republic of gamers laptops.
I am from New Delhi it would be better if you could please guide me in getting a laptop.
Thanx in advance.

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
I am too looking for a gaming laptop within he same range. although I can extend my range bit.
I was wondering is Qosmio X770 series is available in India and what about msi or Asus republic of gamers laptops.
I am from New Delhi it would be better if you could please guide me in getting a laptop.
Thanx in advance.

Create a new thread by filling *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/laptops-netbooks/138089-questionnaire-laptop-netbook-purchase-queries.html :).

Dark Prince

Broken In
out of ASUS and HP,which brand would be considered better in terms of After Sales Service
also what about the heating issues in both the cases

Top Bottom