Gaming laptop around 30k?

Ronnie012

Earthling
I was searching for a laptop with dedicated graphics for playing games and running softwares. My budget was 30,000 max. I came across this one

Asus K53SD-SX809D

It boasts of a 2 gb graphics card, 4 gb of ram and core i3 processor, all at a price of 32,ooo. With this configuration, I exect to run most current and few futur e games and softwares.
I am wondering whether I should go for it or not, because the price looks too cheap and I suspect some problems might be there with this laptop.

What could be a better alternative to this laptop?

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
the price looks too cheap and I suspect some problems might be there with this laptop.

exactly. 2GB memory is just to fool customers. GT610 is slowest graphics card in market. If you game, find a laptop with a minimum of GT540/630 or HD6650/7670.

Cheapest laptop capable of gaming is HP G6 2005AX. Next is an Acer at 36k with i5 & GT540 but is old amd hard to find. Else at 39k is asus K53SM.

mayoorite

Night Fury
Do not go for it .Poor graphic card ,poor old processor.This graphic card(ranked 233) cannot handle latest games in low settings.AND i3 (2nd generation Ranked 73) is become too old now.
You could use-->Gr.Card for comparison of laptop graphic card.
and
CPU for comparing processors.

All are arranged rank wise(according to features,benchmarks,etc.)

You should read Laptop Buying Guide 2012 before buying any laptop.It will tell about latest technology,brands,their reliability,what to look in gaming laptop,etc.

Research it well compare as many as you could and restrict to few choices then decide.

OP
Ronnie012

Ronnie012

Earthling
Thanks for the help Sam & Mayoorite.
I think HP is a good buy. But if i have to admit, though my budget is pretty less, my aspirations are quite high:lol:. So I'm expecting to play upcoming games in my lappy. Will it play BF3, NFSMW 2012 and other upcoming games?

vkl

Cyborg Agent
Pick up HP G6 2005AX for gaming.Locally it is available for 31-32k.
At this moment it offers the best graphic card for the money.

OP
Ronnie012

Ronnie012

Earthling
^^ ram yes but graphics card is impossible on any laptop.

most games can be played in mid-high (FIFA, racing) but for BF3 or MP3 you'll have to lower the graphics to low.

Hmm, ok. I was planning to buy a desktop, but its cancelled. Anyway, if I up my budget a bit, I get this laptop Lenovo IdeaPad G Series G570 . Its showing out of stock in flipkart but it might be available locally.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
HD6370 = extremely slow. as i said find at least 7670/6650 or 540/630 if you want to play games. buy one with 6370 if you like watching sideshow of games rather than playing it.

PC will always be better than laptop. You can get a gaming pc at 30-32k.

OP
Ronnie012

Ronnie012

Earthling
Thanks a lot Sam.
Actually I'm in a dilemma. I've been waiting for a gaming laptop for around 5-6 years. I've saved around 60k in two years. So 30k is 1 year of my hard earned money. I hope HP G6 2005ax is good for future games & softwares(video editing, photoshop,Sap) too, coz otherwise it'll suck.
I don't want to spend more than 30k on a lappy coz I want to buy a good quality digicam(around 20-25k). Buying a desktop is not an option for me as i'm a constant mover(from city to city) so i need a laptop.

So will HP g6 2005ax run upcoming games and softwares of future(2013-14) too or will it become obsolete in 1-2 years?

Last edited:

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
Thanks a lot Sam.
Actually I'm in a dilemma. I've been waiting for a gaming laptop for around 5-6 years. I've saved around 60k in two years. So 30k is 1 year of my hard earned money. I hope HP G6 2005ax is good for future games & softwares(video editing, photoshop) too, coz otherwise it'll suck.
I don't want to spend more than 30k on a lappy coz I want to buy a good quality digicam(around 20-25k). Buying a desktop is not an option for me as i'm a constant mover(from city to city) so i need a laptop.

So will HP g6 2005ax run upcoming games and softwares of future(2013-14) too or will it become obsolete in 1-2 years?

Graphics will be fine, but CPU power may lack in upcoming times. Your usage has more of gaming though.

OP
Ronnie012

Ronnie012

Earthling
Graphics will be fine, but CPU power may lack in upcoming times. Your usage has more of gaming though.
should I opt for a system with higher cpu then? Also pre-installed windows is pretty useless for me(I have Xp orgnl cd & my friend has Win 7). Are there any higher configured gaming laptops that come at close price but with Free Dos?Also I can wait for 2-3 months more. Is it likely that prices will decrease by then?
My requirement will be more of gaming but I'll need to run few softwares too (SAP, Photoshop etc) I guess hpg6 will suffice for that.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
should I opt for a system with higher cpu then? Also pre-installed windows is pretty useless for me(I have Xp orgnl cd & my friend has Win 7). Are there any higher configured gaming laptops that come at close price but with Free Dos?Also I can wait for 2-3 months more. Is it likely that prices will decrease by then?
My requirement will be more of gaming but I'll need to run few softwares too (SAP, Photoshop etc) I guess hpg6 will suffice for that.

Waiting won't help. anything higher means i5 + 7670M and such laptop cost 40k and IVB refresh will cost even more. though if someone outs an i3 with same GPU at 35k it'll be great but such config are extremely rare.
G6 is slightly overpriced. I am waiting for asus X55 actually which should retail for less than 30k and "may" get launched this month. Else Samsung series 3 but those come with W7 HP always hence 35k pricing.

zacfx05

Eeeeh What's up. Doc!?
^^ sam which lappi are u talking about can u pls post a link or spec....... iam also searching for a lappie :)

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
^^ sam which lappi are u talking about can u pls post a link or spec....... iam also searching for a lappie :)

HP Pavilion G6-2006TX: 41725. 2nd gen i5 + 7670 + Windows7. After 2005AX, this is the next best VFM laptop in terms of gaming power.

Else one can save 9k by going for 2005AX but looses a lot on processing power.

rider

as Kratos
Best is to get HP Pavilion G6-2005AX for 32k from snapdeal and if you want an intel laptop better to increase your budget and get HP Pavilion G6-2006TX for 41.7k

OP
Ronnie012

Ronnie012

Earthling
I went to a few HP retail and other outlets like Croma and E-future and checked it out(HP g6 2005ax). The least quoted price is 32k(aftr disc) while HP outlets are giving me at 35.5k(33k after discount.)
Interestingly none of the salesmen seemed willing to sell the 2005ax. Instead the one at Hp offered me the HP 630 (26k) and insisted I choose that one instead of the 2005ax, while the one at the other retail outlet asked me to buy an acer costing Rs.39k.

I liked the 2005ax, but only one problem. It doesn't come with an extra windows dvd. Also the C drive occupies nearly 100% of the total 500 gb available. This means the next time I need to format my lappy, I will need to purchase an original windows 7 (costing extra 8-10k).:(
The sales guys are saying I don't need a Win7 dvd to format or partition the drives.Instead Win7 does it with a recovery option. Is it true? And is it advantageous?

Waiting won't help. anything higher means i5 + 7670M I am waiting for asus X55 actually which should retail for less than 30k and "may" get launched this month. Else Samsung series 3 but those come with W7 HP always hence 35k pricing.

So is the asus X55 worth waiting for?

duke123

In the zone
you can format using recovery partition(20GB) ...it will take only 30 minutes..i have already formatted my g6 2005ax...you can also create recovery disc for your laptop (five DVDs) and restore the computer to factory state...you will also have a genuine windows license with serial but i dont know whether you can install it on other systems but you can definitely install windows from a DVD on you laptop at any time...
if you use recovery partition it will install all drivers and so many bot wares from HP..if u chose to install from a windows 7 DVD you will not have any botwares so you will have to install every thing manually like drivers...all the software's and drivers are available in C drive ...make sure to make a backup copy of this if you plan to install from a DVD...
also you can upgrade to a genuine windows 8 for 700rs when it is released if you purchase this laptop...

Top Bottom