Gaming + HTPC - Budget 45K

iSLaND

Broken In
1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans:
- Games in 1080p: Fifa 15-20, CS:GO, GTA V, Mortal Kombat X, COD:BO3
- Heavy surfing & Downloading: Chrome with 10 tabs and torrents
- HTPC: Playback of 1080p x264-x265 with 5.1 DD/DTS sound to be connected with AVR (most probably Yamaha YHT 196)
- MS Office, occasional video editing
I want my rig to last for 5 yrs without updating.

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans:40,000 - 45,000 INR Lower the better

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans:No

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans:Windows 10

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans: 128GB SSD + 1 TB HDD

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans: I will use TV as monitor - full HD 1080p Sony/LG LED TV
I don't have it yet. So suggestions for that too - which will be optimum for gaming?

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: Monitor (TV), Speakers

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: within 1 month

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: Will be done by assembler.

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: Small town. Open to buying online.

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans:

What i have in my mind:

i5 4440/4460
GTX 750Ti - Zotac/Asus
B85 Mobi - Giga/Asus
4GB x 2 Kingston/Corsair RAM
Samsung EVO 850 128GB SSD
WD Green 1TB
Antec VP450 PSU
Cabinet: Suggest a cheap slim horizontal cabinet so that config stays within budget.

I want suggestions regarding above config also max warranty eg. if Zotac gives 1yr and Asus gives 2yr, i'd buy Asus even if Zotac is cheaper by 200-300 rs.

I want my rig to last for 5 yrs without updating.

TV: Mostly LG 42LF560T - Suggestions welcome - looking towards Sony/Vu as well
AVR: Mostly Yamaha YHT 196 (If things go out of budget - Sony HT IV 300) suggestions welcome

Last edited:

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Budget - 60k (Modified)

ProcessorIntel Core i5 444011,500
MotherboardAsus B85M-G5,500
MemoryKingston HyperX Fury 8GB 1600MHz3,300
Graphics CardZotac GTX960 2GB DDR515,000
Power SupplyAntec VP500PC
SSD
Samsung 850 EVO 120GB
CabinetCorsair SPEC-034,300
Internal StorageWD Caviar Blue 1TB HDD3,500
MonitorAOC i2276VWM 22" LED IPS8,500
KeyboardLogitech MK200 Keyboard & Mouse Combo800
Mouseincluded in combo0
Total60,400

1st of all who recommended you to go with TV Monitor for Gaming because its useless for such an use?
Go with the above recommended Config as it suits you very much.OK.

Last edited:

RageshAntony

In the zone
SSD not possible in your budget .

Check this ,but you have extend your budget Buy TRANSCEND TS128GSSD 370 128GB SSD(Solid State Drive) @ % Discount | Snapdeal

Stormbringer

Ambassador of Buzz
SSD not possible in your budget .

Check this ,but you have extend your budget Buy TRANSCEND TS128GSSD 370 128GB SSD(Solid State Drive) @ % Discount | Snapdeal

Transcend After Sale Service is very poor in India.I recommend the OP to stay away from Transcend products.

OP
I

iSLaND

Broken In
Budget - 60k (Modified)

1st of all who recommended you to go with TV Monitor for Gaming because its useless for such an use?
Go with the above recommended Config as it suits you very much.OK.

Thanks for reply.
I agree that TV as monitor for gaming is not a first choice due to high latency times. Vu TV has a response time of 6.5ms which while i agree is higher than monitors, but is not bad.
However, as i want to use my gaming PC as HTPC, its a logical choice.

Also, won't GTX960 be an overkill for games I want to play. Its off budget too.
GTX 750Ti will be able to play all games at medium settings in 1080p?

I think SSD is must for fast responsive PC and hence decent SSD is must.
I will avoid transcend though. Thanks [MENTION=318218]RageshAntony[/MENTION] and [MENTION=317810]Stormbringer[/MENTION]

RageshAntony

In the zone
Thanks for reply.
I agree that TV as monitor for gaming is not a first choice due to high latency times. Vu TV has a response time of 6.5ms which while i agree is higher than monitors, but is not bad.
However, as i want to use my gaming PC as HTPC, its a logical choice.

Also, won't GTX960 be an overkill for games I want to play. Its off budget too.
GTX 750Ti will be able to play all games at medium settings in 1080p?

I think SSD is must for fast responsive PC and hence decent SSD is must.
I will avoid transcend though. Thanks [MENTION=318218]RageshAntony[/MENTION] and [MENTION=317810]Stormbringer[/MENTION]

---

It is very difficult to answer a question in this format "Can a G graphics card able play games at resolution R with S settings ?". Because each and every game is different and we can't compare it with graphics quality got in naked eye . GTA V runs fairly well in Gtx 960 but Wither 3 have many performence degradation in 960 but GTA V graphics looks great when compared to Witcher 3 .

So the only way is to compare the benchmarks of both card in online reviews .In my opinion It is good to go with Gtx 960 because 750ti is old gen graphics (maxwell 1st gen) whereas 960 is 2nd gen Maxwell . 750ti have 640 CUDA Cores whereas 960 have 1024 CUDA Cores that is, a 384 CUDA core increase will give considerable amount of performance boost.

adityak469

Training To Beat Goku
Don't get an SSD in this budget. SSDs are more of an luxury than necessity. Get a GTX 960 as SaiyanGoku said. If you want faster boot times, get a SSHD instead of SSD+HDD. Also, you can go with TV as a monitor(if its necessary) I myself use it and have no problems so far.

EDIT - You mentioned that you want the rig to last 5 years. Trust me, GTX 750Ti wont last 5 years.

OP
I

iSLaND

Broken In
Don't get an SSD in this budget. SSDs are more of an luxury than necessity. Get a GTX 960 as SaiyanGoku said. If you want faster boot times, get a SSHD instead of SSD+HDD. Also, you can go with TV as a monitor(if its necessary) I myself use it and have no problems so far.

EDIT - You mentioned that you want the rig to last 5 years. Trust me, GTX 750Ti wont last 5 years.

Thanks for input. 960 is going out of budget but i shall try.
I really want an SSD because i have seen load times that are uncomparable to hdd. I want that luxury.
Which TV do you use and what is your config?

Top Bottom