Gaming Consoles!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

official

In the zone
well its been quite a long time now that i had been saving money to get a gaming console.
When i saw xbox 360 i was awe struck by its awesome quality in games.. and i had made up my mind to get one . well after 4 years of its release.. and indian market now filling with other consoles do you all think is it still worth spending money for??
India now has PS3 and Wii too.. Comparatively as per quality, game availability, problem support and ofcourse Price being the main factor!!!! your genuine advise.
I am still and proud PC gamer.

dpuk

teh 479
Of course it's still worth buying, c'mon man...video games are not gonna be updated for about 3-4 years at least.

I have a xbox360 and I am damn happy with it....it plays games with amazing details and clarity. Just get it.

PS3 has a more powerful processor but the price of bluray discs makes it a deal breaker.

Yesterday night, Sony introduced the second version of PS3, names as PS3 SLIM. It's the same as PS3 phat, the only difference being it's size, weight, inability to play PS2 games and the upgraded hard disk to 120gb.

wii is good console but it doesn't support hi def resolutions and the game titles are very un-interesting. Almost all the games are kiddish kinds. however it outsells the ps3 and xbox360 both combined. Still, for Indian gamers, mario and zelda just doesnt cut it.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
@official, Just wait till atleast another 2 months.

First, Sony is doing a price cut on existing PS3 and I am sure that a price cut will kick in on PS3 Slim for holiday season.

Also, MS may also reduce the price of XBOX 360 as PS3 Slim will seriously kick in some competition to MS.

this would be the worst time to buy a console as a lot is going to happen in next month or two as everyone is concentrating on holiday season sale.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
nope it will be more than 17k. Add customs and lot of taxes, sony indias greed, it will be lot more costlier

eg: before price cut, PS3 80Gb price was 399$ in USA but was 24990rs in India.

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
Add customs and lot of taxes, sony indias greed.

Actually , govt is to blame here. Sony/MS/Nintendo have to face the (extra) competitive tax in India, which is put on the products those can harm the local Indian companies in same business. As Game console production is totally inexistent in India this tax should not be applicable on the three major gaming companies here. Still this tax exists on the consoles in India and the customer has to suffer due to the govt's unwillingness to remove this unfair tax.

OP
official

official

In the zone
well thanks a lot guys.
I heard that "ps3 fat" has gone for a cut off as 20%, now its around 20,000+ inr.
Its also coming with game bundles like GT5 + uncharted and more alike!!!
Do you think that Xbox will hav something like that.- well like xbox 360 elite
at around 20k inr???

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
project natal, though released, will not do heavy impact as every game developer has to tweak their games for the same.

bad_till_bones

Ðèåd Måñ Wå£KîÑG
So whats the final say - XBOX or PS3?

BTW - I have heard the game library is the main advantage of XBOX over PS3. Is that right?

And any new version of XBOX expected?

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
xbox live beast PSN
Exclusive games: depends on your taste. For me, I would jump on to PS3 just for GT5 :)
life: with xbox RROD looming a lot, I think PS3 will have longer life
sex appeal: of course, PS3
accessories: wifi, gigabit lan, wireless controllers, Bluray .it's ps3 all the way
cost of ownersihp: xbox games are cheaper than ps3 games
Price: PS3 is giving more bang for bucks now when compared to xbox 360 and hence price wise, ps3 is more vfm.

max_demon

IM AS MAD AS HELL!!
xbox official faliour rate is 54.3%

everyone is excited about natal but did anyone know that ps3 also shocased nitendo wii motion plus like controller at e3 with exact 1:1 motion ratio .

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
^^oh yes. I saw that but it's not coming this year right?

Natal is good because you don't need to have any controller and your hands body will be the controller, though it's going to be stressful.

max_demon

IM AS MAD AS HELL!!
^^ See:Camspace , even if it may be good tech but it needs much light and good camera .

Simillarly with the case of Playstation Eye , which is released much more earlier.

i am too sure even if it is not copy of PE Eye + Wii controller , it is going to suck .

but recall wii controller , it has been such great success , that u know better .

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
^^ oh yes. forgot. with natal, no more secret gaming with lights off. wii controller was a big success but how good is it when it comes to playing hardcore games like Quake and Fallout? I am pretty sure that Sony's new motion sensing controller will be much better and will make FPS and TPS games much more easier to play.

anyways, my support right now goes to PS3.

Also heard that Sony is slashing prices of PS exclusive games.

dpuk

teh 479
seriously speaking, we don't actually need the motion sensing stuff....we're good with the high-def and wireless controllers....
these companies just need to get the publishers churn out some nice cross-platform games at a fast rate, like 1-2 every month.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom