Games Price Increasing

avinandan012

Cyborg Agent
a game costing more than 3K+, hmm lets see it's around 12% of a average person's salary in India and in US($59.99) it's around 1.44% of a average household income.

Indian avg. Rs.25000/ month
US household avg. $50054 / year

I don't know which MBAs EA is paying for market survey, but they are feeding EA incorrect data for sure.

So by this way, that avg. person's gamer son wants buy a game but that's too costly, so he goes to local DVD wala and get the same game at Rs.100.
This is his first impression after a time it will be embeded in his mind that if he can get the game @Rs.100 why should he pay Rs.3000 + . This continues...

Now let's see the original Rs.999 price, it's still a steep price but still people are willing to pay that much. Those who wants to wait for a price cut will buy it at around Rs.799.

Last edited:

Jripper

Pro/An---tagonist xD
^ That is whats sad really. They did this when a healthy chunk of people were actually turning to original games. And now they go and increase prices.

BTW apparently,EA will increase the prices of their games as well. From 1499 to 1799 or 2499. Even 3299 is possible. And they wonder why piracy is so popular :\

EA to increase PC game prices in India | India games industry news | MCV India

NVIDIAGeek

Long Live Gojira!
TPB will give the people an ideal to strive towards. EA will raise the prices, it will stumble, it will fall. But in time, EA will join you with the lower prices, we will help them accomplish that pricing! :D

Holy dung, that was creative! :D

I think it's time I take a shyt on gaming. Indians make up for like what, .01% of gaming population?

Last edited:
OP
A

arijitsinha

﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿ O'RLY?
Got this mail from Flipkart

We would like to inform you that the MRPs of the game has been changed from Rs. 999/- to Rs. 1499/-. However, we won't be charging the additional amount for existing pre-orders booked at Rs. 999/- (as long as the current order is not cancelled).

Please be informed that this change is being done taking into account the rise in Forex rates. In-case if there is a price drop in future we will refund you the balance amount.

Good thing is that I have already Pre ordered - Watch Dogs, Rom Total War 2 , Splinter Cell , AC Black Flag, Batman A:O. All are COD :-D

I allways pre order games using COD, and flipkart allways delay delivery fro pre orders. So I get to know about reviews of the game. If it is good, I took the delivery. But if it is bad, I cancelled it before shipping.

akkies_2000

Journeyman

Good thing is that I have already Pre ordered - Watch Dogs, Rom Total War 2 , Splinter Cell , AC Black Flag, Batman A:O. All are COD :-D

I allways pre order games using COD, and flipkart allways delay delivery fro pre orders. So I get to know about reviews of the game. If it is good, I took the delivery. But if it is bad, I cancelled it before shipping.

Thats a great idea... Wish I had thought about CoD and preordered as well, I'm most likely to buy AC, SC and Watch Dogs unless they get terrible reviews...

I'll wait for price drop or better deals around new year. With a newborn son, I'm unlikely to get enough time to finish off my current backlog of Crysis 3, AC3, Tomb Raider, Alan Wake (both of them), NFS Most Wanted(new one- got bored of it in 2 races, might never play), The Walking Dead and Dear Ester... I dont understand why am I thinking of buying more games? Not to mention 2 cricket games that are probably releasing in next few months...

Last edited:

rahulkadukar

Broken In

Should have done that, these prices are stupid. Will have to wait for a Steam sale and wait for the price to drop to $5 before I think of buying one.

gameranand

Living to Play
not every game is there in steam

But every game is there on TBP, though I prefer not to use it as I have started to play original games. Anyway I have a long TPL so if they bring the prices down by the year then its OK or I am going the wrong way. :D:D

CommanderShawnzer

Steam High Templar
More Bad News
Battlefield 4, that was rumoured to be priced at Rs. 3,299 will now cost Rs. 3,499 across the PS3 and PC. FIFA 14 will set you back by Rs. 2,499 on PC and Rs. 3,499 on the PS3, while Need for Speed: Rivals, like Battlefield 4 costs an absurd Rs. 3,499 on both PS3 and PC.
TBP i'm coming! :grin:

cyborg47

Technomancer
Its like some of those old bollywood movies, the protagonist becomes a thief in bad circumstances...guess that will be pirate story, lol!

Bad news for legit players.

True..I just started buying games, thank to the kickas$ pricing, it goes on a reversal...middle finger to all the legit buyers :(

Top Bottom