Games not appearing in steam

setanjan123

In the zone
I posted this in the steam thread but nobody replied so i made this . What happened is i got a steam key from a giveaway . I was not on pc at that time so told a friend to login to my acc and activate it . He even showed me a screenshot . There were 5 games in total . Now when i logged in i only see one game . But from his browser he sees all the games activated by that key . So can games be tied to ip address ? If yes then how to fix it :razz:

OP
setanjan123

setanjan123

In the zone
[MENTION=1270]Skud[/MENTION] Yup single key. The games were, anomaly warzone earth, hospital tycoon, binding of Isaac, dreaming Sarah and trine 2. But to me it only shows hospital tycoon

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Where did you win the giveaway? I doubt there was ever any humble bundle containing those games in a particular tier. Also post a screenshot of your account page (license/keys redeemed one).

OP
setanjan123

setanjan123

In the zone
I won it in a group giveaway. On Facebook. It is sumon pathaks group so surely not a fake key or something. The friend told me it was some holiday bundle.

OP
setanjan123

setanjan123

In the zone
uploadfromtaptalk1450815950438.jpg This is the screenshot my friend took. Notice the games?
Btw bionic dues wasn't part of the key. Atleast I think so. I already had it anyway

Last edited:
OP
setanjan123

setanjan123

In the zone
[MENTION=1270]Skud[/MENTION] Since you added me on steam just look at my library. You will only notice hospital tycoon. I will post a proper screenshot tomorrow. On mobile atm. In the keys redeemed page only hospital tycoon shows up.

Last edited:

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Already checked. Post a bigger screenshot and upload it on imgur, also post the account page screenshot too as stated earlier. Also the giveaway post, thread etc. BTW, are you or your friend on Mac?

OP
setanjan123

setanjan123

In the zone
[MENTION=1270]Skud[/MENTION] *i.imgur.com/HWQ4BtE.png *i.imgur.com/5dlBFJ1.jpg *i.imgur.com/l9u70OK.png My friend is on Mac . And he cant access my account anymore for some reason . So cant get another ss . The giveaway post is buried under other posts cant find it XD

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Contact Steam support and see what they say. I still can't recall a bundle with that combination of games, and your account page clearly shows only Hospital Tycoon has been redeemed. Had it been a bundle key, the entry would have been different.

OP
setanjan123

setanjan123

In the zone
Well steam support talks about port blockage and stuff . Its pretty vague . But my main question is can games be tied to ones ip address ?

arijitsinha

﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿ O'RLY?
Well steam support talks about port blockage and stuff . Its pretty vague . But my main question is can games be tied to ones ip address ?

No, games are not tied to one's IP address. Some games are region locked and cannot be played in different countries, but they generally shows up in steam library and you cannot launch the game, and neither of the games you mentioned are region locked.

OP
setanjan123

setanjan123

In the zone
Strange issue then :p . IDK hwat happened to the games . If they were not part of the key how did they even show up

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Were there any regional restrictions on that key?

It's possible that some of the games were region locked and therefore not made available to you at the time.

OP
setanjan123

setanjan123

In the zone
Were there any regional restrictions on that key?

It's possible that some of the games were region locked and therefore not made available to you at the time.

If there were regional restrictions then it would have shown up when my friend activated the key . But the games appeared i n my library fine . That is fro mhis Mac

Top Bottom