Games 'make drivers go faster'

Status
Not open for further replies.

webgenius

Ambassador of Buzz
More than a third of young drivers are more likely to go faster on the roads after playing on-screen driving games, a survey suggests. And 27% of motorists aged 16 to 24 admitted more risk-taking on the road after a gaming session.

A thousand drivers were questioned on behalf of driving school BSM.
BSM's road safety consultant Robin Cummins said the results showed an 'indisputable' link between gaming and dangerous driving.

A quarter of drivers even said they imagine they are in a driving simulation game while driving for real - men are the worst offenders for this.

Source: *news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/6410061.stm

OP
webgenius

webgenius

Ambassador of Buzz
pathiks said:
crap surveys n researches..
Hey it happens if you are a game freak. You won't be driving the way you drive everyday after you play racing games like NFS. It has happened to me also.

casanova

The Frozen Nova
I did first think, it was hardware drivers but just before opening the thread it striked that these are those real world drivers.

It is quite true though.

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
yup. its true.

i too try to do some Colin McRae 05 tricks on real road:D, like counter steering in corners.

i do (try) it in very controlled space & condition.:wink: (like @2am in my street:D)

but till date i failed to do that thing as my dad's Alto (800cc) aint a Race bred Product:D:D:D

on bikes (i game - MotoGP 03)
in real world i do extremly enjoy Lateral Braking:cool:, going Flat-Out on some corners :twisted: , braking in half way in a corner to piss-off my frnd :twisted: ( braking in corner is as easy, but many ppl(my frnds) fear that , i dunno why:confused: )

usually i do these Stunts when i win a long (2-3 hour) Rally (CMR04) with my cousin Bro:D, normally i just go with lateral braking:):D

but i never do (did) anything like this after playing NFS MW:D, coz that game is not a Pro's game (like CMR04), its more like a child's game:D

OP
webgenius

webgenius

Ambassador of Buzz
I feel like smashing Cops after playing MW *www.gp32spain.com/foros/images/smilies/smilie_loco.gif

webgenius said:
I feel like smashing Cops after playing MW *www.gp32spain.com/foros/images/smilies/smilie_loco.gif

Then U'll bcome MW...ur car might get impounded..DL revoked and u behind BARS :D:D:D

T

thunderbird.117

webgenius said:

Hmm. You need to go to rehab. I think you have go and stay with britney spears. :D

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
yes in that way she'll have one more friend to stop her from suiciding. But dun take her Ferrari for a ride or else ull land in foreign jails:D :D

sysfilez

Welcome To The Jungle
oops hardware drivers. anyway these ppl from US, UK and europe they do all silly surverys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom