games and thier rushed/wrecked sequels

CommanderShawnzer

Steam High Templar
hi, many of us may have noticed that some sequels turn out to be watered down/crappy version of their first games mainly due to greedy publishers pressurizing the devs finish making the games soon
one good example is dragon age 2 which though made the combat more fun,watered down all of the aspects of its predecessor dragon age origins(like story,characters,setting and turned a hardcore Rpg into some nooby game)
also repeating maps made the game boring(go to a new dungeon you get the eerie feeling of deja vu )

let me know if you have come across such disastrous sequels

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
I guess All the nfs series after Most wanted.
The best nfs i played was nfs2,Most wanted and underground 2.

Tachyon1986

In the zone
Master of Orion 3 , absolute train wreck of a game.
Star Control 3 , train wreck #2.
Deus Ex : Invisible War , not quite a train wreck but not as good as the first.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
postal 3. splinter cell DA & conviction (nice game but Pandora tomorrow & chaos theory were better). Medal of Honor Pacific Assault (again great game, but Allied assault was lot better. i mean harder).

Sujeet

Undead!!!
postal 3. splinter cell DA & conviction (nice game but Pandora tomorrow & chaos theory were better). Medal of Honor Pacific Assault (again great game, but Allied assault was lot better. i mean harder).
Splinter Cell Conviction though is not as shiny as predecessors but still it cant be called crappy or watered down sequel.
The new innovative additions(and removal) drastically changed The feel of Game and that too in a good way.
I dont have any objection or anything regarding it being referred to as poor sequel IMO it was not disappointing or bad-at-all.:smile:

Duke Nukem Forever
Sh@# game/sequel of all time:p
11Yrs of Development.lol
atleast cod released on a cycle of 1 yr is much better.

even F.E.A.R series(though i've not played any games from this series )FEAR 2 & FEAR 3 were heavily criticized

FEAR: Project Origin
FEAR 3.
Play them then report back dont go on what critic say..they said a lot of other things too...Judging games without playing..Not good!

^^ Flipkart cancels orders??
Within a fixed Time Frame.

Top Bottom