game development languages during b.tech

manmeetsinghd188

Right off the assembly line
i am studying B.Tech. in IT in punjab.
i want to be a game developer and develop huge console or windows games like battlefiels, assassin creed etc. but before that i am doing b.tech. for securing my future.
i have a good c++ skills and in coming month i will be doing core java.
so i want to know that what languages should i train myself in and from where can i get its training in punjab.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
i am studying B.Tech. in IT in punjab.
i want to be a game developer and develop huge console or windows games like battlefiels, assassin creed etc. but before that i am doing b.tech. for securing my future.
i have a good c++ skills and in coming month i will be doing core java.
so i want to know that what languages should i train myself in and from where can i get its training in punjab.

You can check various tutorials available on internet. AAA game development is not that easy. You can start by developing small games/apps for android using eclipse or android ndk.

a_k_s_h_a_y

Dreaming
Game engine -> C++
Game development -> C++, Unity, Unreal, Cryengine, Flash, HTML5 + Javascript + WebGL

This is the third time an answering similar question, here is copy paste form my previous post!

first select your discipline...design, artist, writing, engineering, production, management...

you must study computer science if you want to join game dev company..engineering that is..
then must go to US for Masters in game dev, this step is compulsory, then join big shot company that make Call of duty, warcraft or leaguge of legends..riot.. or.. rockstar..
or join game engine development like Unity3d or Unreal or Crytek..

do you want to work on engine itself or the game ?

if you don't go to US, in India you can join casual game companies like Zynga, Google or Microsoft(they may have 3d graphics teams here), or some local web game company..you must be from NIT or IIT of course.. if you are not in these colleges, Masters in US is your only option.. or it will take long time to prove your experience and get a job..

or rebel against parents, start making games, try to hit jackpot like angry birds, and more recently flappy bird or 2048
I know this coz I have to worked on flash and shockwave 3d engine at Adobe..and been to game developer conference in san francisco, have met developers from all gaming companies, we are invested in gaming because flash is 2d game making software and shockwave for 3d.. and are used to make 99% of the games on the internet...

working purely on the game engine is very different from working on the game itself.. as a gamer you want to work on the game and game design..

Omkar Patil

Right off the assembly line
It all depends on the kind of games you'd wanna make.
Since you've mentioned you wanna make 'BIG' games in the future, I'd suggest you start Learning C, C# and Javascript.
If your basic OOP skills are good, learning new languages wont be very difficult, Game Development is primarily libraries based.

Simultaneously, work on this game engine called 'Construct 2'. It is mostly just drag and drop with minimal coding, but it will give you an amazing confidence boost when your games start running. This is a good tutorial for it.

Once your C# or Javascript skills are good enough (at least to understand the code), start working with Unity Game Engine. Its probably the best game engine you'll come across and it's community is way too helpful. You can most definitely learn all by yourself.

Start Interning in local Game Development companies. You'll get to know how a Game is brought to life, and its entire life cycle. It is important to understand all aspects of the development, from conceptualization to GDD development and from art work design to final coding and deployment.

Upadhyay

Broken In
Don’t know much about languages but Unity3D is the development platform of choice these days. Almost everyone I know in the industry use Unity3D for 3D or Cocos Studio for 2D games.

Top Bottom