game developing courses!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

prinz

Journeyman
hey, buddies... can you tell me some institutes that offer game developing courses...in maharashtra... which institutes offer best game developing courses!!!... can u tell me a bit about gaming???...
i wanna become a game developer... what shoud i learn!!!... can you tell me the names (author) of any books on open GL and direct x??...

hitman050

Journeyman
Get Beginning C++ Game Programming, great book to start with.

Anyways, I HIGHLY doubt whether there are game development institutes in India.

Zeeshan Quireshi

C# Be Sharp !
University of Saskatchewan is considered the best worldwide if anything remotely related to animation or game development is concerned .

OP
P

prinz

Journeyman
Zeeshan Quireshi said:
is considered the best worldwide if anything remotely related to animation or game development is concerned .

where is University of Saskatchewan?.. in maharashtra?!!!

prinz said:
hey, buddies... can you tell me some institutes that offer game developing courses...in maharashtra... which institutes offer best game developing courses!!!... can u tell me a bit about gaming???...
i wanna become a game developer... what shoud i learn!!!... can you tell me the names (author) of any books on open GL and direct x??...

check out :

*www.google.co.in/books?q=game+development&btnG=Search+Books
*en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Video_game_developer
*www.gdmag.com/homepage.htm
*en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Game_development
*www.gamedev.net/
*www.programmersheaven.com/zone8/cat291/index.htm
*www.gamasutra.com/
*www.gdconf.com/
*www.freetechbooks.com/forum-16.html

*www.technomagi.com/links/gamedev.html

blackleopard92

In the zone
prinz said:
where is University of Saskatchewan?.. in maharashtra?!!!
ROLF :D

as for books, the problem with game programming is that in this field, technologies change almost every six months. also, the learning curve is preety steep (if u are serious about it)
therefore, before recommending books, i just wanted to ask u, how much knowledge of graphics do u have?

u can try XNA game studio express if u have just moved to the arena.

MSDN library is the best source to learn , introduces simple to complex terms easily to the reader.

u can also read the famous book "Introduction to 3D Game Programming with DirectX 9.0" . this is the best when it comes to introducing coding part of game programming.

OP
P

prinz

Journeyman
Zeeshan Quireshi said:

is it really in canada?!!!... i m from kerala and i dont know the institutes in maharashtra... so...:confused:

24online said:
check out :

*www.google.co.in/books?q=game+development&btnG=Search+Books
*en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Video_game_developer
*www.gdmag.com/homepage.htm
*en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Game_development
*www.gamedev.net/
*www.programmersheaven.com/zone8/cat291/index.htm
*www.gamasutra.com/
*www.gdconf.com/
*www.freetechbooks.com/forum-16.html

*www.technomagi.com/links/gamedev.html

thanks... buddy...:smile:

blackleopard92 said:
ROLF :D

as for books, the problem with game programming is that in this field, technologies change almost every six months. also, the learning curve is preety steep (if u are serious about it)
therefore, before recommending books, i just wanted to ask u, how much knowledge of graphics do u have?

u can try XNA game studio express if u have just moved to the arena.

MSDN library is the best source to learn , introduces simple to complex terms easily to the reader.

u can also read the famous book "Introduction to 3D Game Programming with DirectX 9.0" . this is the best when it comes to introducing coding part of game programming.

thanks... a... lot...

Last edited:

Zeeshan Quireshi

C# Be Sharp !
Yups it is actually in canada but the only thing that might deter u is that they accept only the best and the elitest of the students .

OP
P

prinz

Journeyman
Zeeshan Quireshi said:
Yups it is actually in canada but the only thing that might deter u is that they accept only the best and the elitest of the students .

ohh... really...!!!... im not the best... not... the elitest... also... :D ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom