Game CD to DVD

Status
Not open for further replies.

evolution

Right off the assembly line
I have 4 cds of Need 4 Speed Most Wanted.I Want to change it to one dvd so that it can install from dvd itself.How can i change it.Please help me.Also tell me is it possible to have two games on one dvd in this way.So they install from dvd itself.

Thanks in advance

thadhanihemant

Journeyman
create the images of the cd's through alcohol 120 or even nero..
burn it on a dvd and then mount the images from the dvd by alcohol or nero imagedrive. you can also use daemon tools for mounting images, which is a freeware....

rakeshishere

HELP AND SUPPORT
Not sure if there is a software to convert multiple cd games to dvd since each disc would have individual protection bits,but this app is one used by some gamers:
*www.axtunlimited.com/productdetail.asp?P=6496

OP
E

evolution

Right off the assembly line
thadhanihemant said:
create the images of the cd's through alcohol 120 or even nero..
burn it on a dvd and then mount the images from the dvd by alcohol or nero imagedrive. you can also use daemon tools for mounting images, which is a freeware....

bro i need to convert my 4 cds to one dvd so that it will install frm one without asking 4 cds.Hope u understand

ajayashish

Living to Succeed
i am also looking for same thing... the difference is i am looking for something whcih can help me write a 6gb setup in 2 dvds

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
i'm back already :D

Readme file
Need For Speed - Most Wanted CD-2-DVD Conversion.

Required Files: common_filelist.txt

It has been used on the Australian "Black Edition" and it worked perfectly.

1) Create a Temp folder on your hard-drive.
Name this folder: NFSMW_DVD. This will be the name (Label) of your DVD.
2) Copy all the contents from CD1 to the Temp folder.
3) From CD2 copy “1compressed.zip” to the same Temp folder.
4) From CD3 copy “2compressed.zip” to the same Temp folder.
5) From CD4 copy “3compressed.zip” to the same Temp folder.
6) Replace the existing file "common_filelist.txt" with the new one supplied.
7) Burn the contents (not the folder itself) of the Temp folder to a DVD with the Label: NFSMW_DVD

- Simon

For the "common_filelist.txt" file, download the 703KB rar file.

Download Link -> NFS_MW_CD-2-DVD.rar
P.S. this file is originally hosted in other site (forbidden site according to forum rules), so as per our Forum Rules, i cannot give the Direct link to that site. & so i uploaded the file in rapidshare site:wink:

Last edited:

krates

Be CoOl rAp RuLeZ !!!
Create Iso Images Then Put ON Dvd Use The Software Daemon Tool To Mount Them Find The Software On Google

T

thunderbird.117

kushagra_krates@yahoo.com said:
Create Iso Images Then Put ON Dvd Use The Software Daemon Tool To Mount Them Find The Software On Google

That is possible too. Just have 4 virtual drives and insert all the images in each drive and start the installation and voila it will keep going without asking cd. :D

saurav29

Waiting for 3 Miracles...
evolution said:
I have 4 cds of Need 4 Speed Most Wanted.I Want to change it to one dvd so that it can install from dvd itself.How can i change it.Please help me.Also tell me is it possible to have two games on one dvd in this way.So they install from dvd itself.

Thanks in advance

As far as the Logic behind goes it goes like this..........:)

There is always an installer file by the name of setup.exe or install.msi which launches the installer....... (Actually inside it there is information where to find the files and where to copy them and so on......

Here what you can do.........
Generally.........

Start copying from the 4th cd to 1st cd..... (in one single folder)
like copy cd4 then copy cd3 if it ask to overwrite any file do so......

lastly copy cd 1..... now you can burn it to the DVD image using NERO or poweriso what you prefer...... (BUT WAIT IT WILL ASK YOU THE LOCATION OF THE FILES......)
So you need to check it first.......... that it installs the whole game and do not burn the DVD right away...... (Otherwise a wastage of GOOD DVD) you can use daemon tools to mount image and use safe disk emulation ... the icon on the taskbar will turn green......

:D:))Need Something Better than to give browse file..... You will need to get hands on install.msi from DVD version..... you can search for it on the web or get in on mail..from somebody or disc whatever you can......... now replace the original install.msi or setup.exe and you will not have to browse for any file and it will install by itself.......

Game converted to DVD... Rename the label to DVD label and burn disc using nero.......

Ok check first DONOT COME WITH A FIREAXE AFTER ME IN CASE YOU RUIN A DVD...........:rolleyes:

one thing more do not need to ask you that you need disc verification for the DV then make a clone of original disc one delete large files but leave all the file names you do not understand the disc will reduce to a small size mount the iso image on the daemon tools using safe disc emulation works for few games using secure disk emulation other wise you need no cd crack sort of thing or make it yourself........

If you are adept with install shiled and visual studio then you can open info of msi files and edit it to take the source for the disk itself........ or make a new installer of the game based on old installer using installshiled wizard or mindvision.....soft.........

Yeah i think you get the point experiment a little bit just a piece of cake do not take a brain surgeon to figure this out...... I myself has already changed few of my games Cd's to DVD so i think will work for you too.....:cool:

peace
raj

aj27july

Journeyman
make iso images using nero or another similar program. Then burn all the 4 images to a dvd. Then use Daemon tools to mount the images and install the game.

krates

Be CoOl rAp RuLeZ !!!
s18000rpm said:

@aj27july
^Post #6 is the ANSWER dude:)), no need to create images:wink:

It's So Simple They Both Are Somewhat The Same method Post 11 And Post 6 It's The User To Decide Which One He Prefers :-x

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
dude why are angry on me:D,

will you go Create "4 CD Images" & put them on a DVD, then again "Mount" them in Virtual Drives... every time you want to install the game...????

or follow that method & burn a DVD as the GAME Disk, no need to mount...., just pop-in the DVD & install the game:wink:

in this method, you dont have to Install Virtual Drive s/w too:wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom