Game Boy Advance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just discovered a 2 yr old GBA SP Platinum with me...can nyone suggest some good games for it....How much will a flash cartridge cost for GBA( that is something like a pen drive for a GBA) Anything i can do to tweak its performance or something???

dheeraj_kumar

Legen-wait for it-dary!
There are lots of good games for GBA, I have played many, so tell me your genres of interest and I can tell you some awesome ones. I dont know about a flash cartridge, since I play on an emulator.

OP
lethalweaponforever

lethalweaponforever

Journeyman
I don't mind any games.....But they must satisfy these two conditions...
1. No Pokemon games...they play too slow on my GBA
2. Good/ Decent Graphics and Good/Decent Gameplay

Don't want any particular Genre but if you find some good sports games satisfying the above conditions it would be nice. Otherwise anything thats interesting will do...

dheeraj_kumar

Legen-wait for it-dary!
I dont play any sport games, so sorry.

1. Golden Sun & Golden Sun - The Lost Age
THE best RPG series for GBA, with excellent graphics, music, story and gameplay.

2. Fire Emblem & Fire Emblem - The Sacred Stones
A series of really good strategy & tactics games set in a fantasy world. Excellent graphics and gameplay.

3. Advance Wars & Advance Wars - Black Hole Rising
If Golden Sun defines RPG games in GBA, Advance Wars is for strategy. Unarguably the best strategy game ever.

4. Breath of Fire 1 & 2
Two really good games, which started the entire RPG series of BOF, now its like 6 or 7 games, I think. They were originally on SNES, so the graphics are not upto the GBA standards.

5. Contra Advance - The Alien Wars EX
The gloriousness of another Contra game - no words, no words.

6. Crash Bandicoot (5 games totally)
A series of adventure game like Mario, highly enjoyable, with an OK story.

7. CT Special Forces (4 games totally)
A military action series, spanning various genres like arcade shooter to plane shooting sction. Very nice and clean graphics

8. DragonBall (8 games totally)
I dont follow the DBZ series, so I cant really understand the games, except the graphics are really good.

9. Final Fantasy Advance
All the good old FF games on NES and SNES with improved graphics, music and gameplay. A must play.

10. Final Fantasy Tactics Advance
A completely new game, following FF Tactics on Playstation, with awesome music, graphics and story in a fantasy world.

More to come later...

NoasArcAngel

Wise Old Owl
hey dude how much does the flash card cost for a gba?? i heard you can install moonshell and make the gba a complete entertainment device !!
for instance you can play videos and songs make it a pocket computer !! not jokin....

plz tell me where to buy one?

Sykora

I see right through you.
Ha, finally games that I'm used to playing! :)

I fully agree with almost all of dheeraj_kumar's suggestions. Golden Sun and Golden Sun 2: TLA and FFTA are possibly some of the best rpgs of all times. Similarly, AW and AW2 also redefine their genre. My other favorite games are all the pokemon titles (Emerald in particular), Mario Golf and Tennis (The latter being better imo) and Riviera - The promised land.

dheeraj_kumar

Legen-wait for it-dary!
I got to F and got bored, I'll finish from G-Z tomorrow, hopefully :)

@Sykora

You finished GS1 and 2? What do you think happens after the ending?

Sykora

I see right through you.
After the ending? They prepare for a sequel with Alex as the bad guy :) We never got to fight him in either game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom