Galaxy S5 vs Moto X

shikhar22

Broken In
I was just seeing Moto X 2nd Gen looking its spec but then i compare it with Samsung Galaxy S5 the specs were exact same leaving camera of S5 on higher side.Now i am confused of which one to buy.Will Nexus 6 price will come down?.

gamefreak4770k

Journeyman
I'd recommend you to go for Samsung snapdragon version if you want a better overall device because it has the latest generation of amoled display(Samsung never gives the latest generation to other manufacturers) and better overall features over the moto x

you could go for moto x 2014 if you want latest android and if you are a fan of touchless controls

$hadow

Geek in making
I dont think so that N6 are coming down anytime soon. And you got to fill the questionnaire if you are posting a thread. But now regarding the question
Moto X
pros
1. Stock Ui
2. Touchless control

GS5
pros
1. Battery
2.Camera
3.Water proof

cons
Touchwiz.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Moto X 2nd Gen

Pros:
Touchless Controls and Active display (X8 architecture processor so dedicated low powered core for both)
Better updates since from Motorola (which was nearer to Google than Samsung can ever be)
Rock solid built (I think chances of a phone falling is far greater than its getting wet, but not sure about the display glass's durability tho)
Look is a stunner (atleast for me)
If you can't afford N6, Moto X 2nd gen is it's closest cousin that you can afford.

I remain far from Samsung now, so can't comment on its Pros.

ithehappy

Human Spambot
There really isn't any comparison between those two phones you mentioned. The S5 is in it's own league. Moto X 2014 is a good phone, maybe a very good phone too, if you want to compromise with an average camera (it's nowhere near of S5's), awfully saturated display panel (again, no comparison with the S5 by any means), limited storage without any SD card option, and IP67 certification if it does matter to you. But one big advantage of Moto X is it runs on near stock Android, so overall experience will be much better than extremely heavy and cluttered TouchWiz experience.

So it's all about your preference. If you want a premium phone, S5 hands down. If you want a phone which just works out of the box and doesn't brilliance in any particular category but overall goodness then go for X.

And if you go for the S5 then definitely Snapdragon, just for the sake of XDA support, if that matters to you.

OP
S

shikhar22

Broken In
Will wait for GOSF may be getting S5 any good Discount.The problem with Moto X is that i am having Moto G 1st Gen.

ithehappy

Human Spambot
For a premium device like S5 its a steal price...exynos or SD doesn't matter for most of the users. Not everyone root their phones.
Then I don't really know/care why on earth they are using Android at first place.

What happened to the Lumias anyway!

$hadow

Geek in making
Deny the fact but once you root your phone it will become nearly impossible to live without it. And once your phone android versiom becomes obsolete you will crave for the latest one and hence will surely root it.

daemon1

Journeyman
Then I don't really know/care why on earth they are using Android at first place.

What happened to the Lumias anyway!

Ha Ha but even without rooting there are so many options as workaround in Android so why not! "jugad" works perfectly in Android.

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
to be frank avoid samsung ,get the moto x,its actually better in every way
as for camera,samsungs displays and cameras are massively oversaturated and overhyped,once you use a sony exmor(xperia) or Lumia(carl zeiss and pureview),youll understand what im trying to convey
the moto x has an older sony exmor sensor which imho takes better shots than samsungs
samsungs quality is <<<< Moto X and updates etc is also a pita in samsung

ithehappy

Human Spambot
to be frank avoid samsung ,get the moto x,its actually better in every way
as for camera,samsungs displays and cameras are massively oversaturated and overhyped,once you use a sony exmor(xperia) or Lumia(carl zeiss and pureview),youll understand what im trying to convey
the moto x has an older sony exmor sensor which imho takes better shots than samsungs
samsungs quality is <<<< Moto X and updates etc is also a pita in samsung
It's time to shut up dude.

Any person with a little bit of grey matter in brain will now understand it's just blatant hatred speech, nothing else.

Last edited:
Top Bottom