Galaxy S5 vs Moto X

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
^^ youve proven two things
1.you havent understood the meaning of grey matter in brain or hate speech
2.you havent understood how bad samsungs quality really is

anyone with a proper eye for photography and displays etc will tell you samsung is really poor in this aspect,too bad most people fail/cant accept this fact till they use a better product

ithehappy

Human Spambot
^^ youve proven two things
1.you havent understood the meaning of grey matter in brain or hate speech
2.you havent understood how bad samsungs quality really is

anyone with a proper eye for photography and displays etc will tell you samsung is really poor in this aspect,too bad most people fail/cant accept this fact till they use a better product
I don't need to prove anything. I am saying the truth, the fact, no proof is needed for that. Samsung is the best chip maker, Samsung is the best display maker, period, at the same time they also have the worst skin for Android.

As I said multiple times before, I don't care, never did, all I am saying is for the newcomers, who are not a nerd like me or some of us, will be mislead by those utterly stupid comments/suggestions.

I think I have made it more than clear that your comment is absolutely non existent to me, along with that other LG spammer, but just for the sake of minimum sanity, be a little practical and stop posting comments like this?

also I dont understand why people undermine gaming laptops like that,if you buy the right config/model it can beat most gaming desktops with ease

:lol: :facepalm:

Shows the credibility of you, doesn't it?

As I said, everything should have a boundary, idiosyncrasy included.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
^ newcomers/non nerds shouldn't also be misled into buying "premium" phones which have laggy UI (and by that I mean crapwiz :| )
First they buy a samsung phone, then get disappointed in 4-5 months because the phone starts to slow down. Since they aren't even going to root it to gain better performance and battery life why not buy a phone which already has both of them and lacks crapwiz?
Why not buy something which won't disappoint the user at the given price?

People learn by their own mistakes, why not help them to not make the mistake and learn beforehand? Better than spending a fortune.

New definition of spamming as a conclusion to your post: Recommending VFM products to people and trying to save some some of their hard earned money, without getting a material benefit for yourself. (no seriously, If I were getting any benefit, I'd be using the current flagship instead of a late 2012 flagship which i bought this year just because of its VFM factor)

Last edited:

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Since they aren't even going to root it to gain better performance and battery life why not buy a phone which already has both of them and lacks crapwiz?
:facepalm:

- - - Updated - - -

newcomers/non nerds shouldn't also be misled into buying "premium" phones which have laggy UI (and by that I mean crapwiz :| )
Software only can never make a phone premium.
First they buy a samsung phone, then get disappointed in 4-5 months because the phone starts to slow down.
That's your imagination but the fact. It's exactly contrary to the fact. All the people I know are staying and updating to Samsung for past six seven years. It's a known truth that since the Galaxy line of phones were launched the smartphone industry was set to a new standard! It's not my comment.
Why not buy something which won't disappoint the user at the given price?
Couldn't be any more simple. Those products at given price are simply inferior, that's why.

A Tata Nano runs, a Jaguar runs and then a Ferrari runs, so why buy the latter but not the first? You won't understand that from your vantage point, but maybe after a decade.

People learn by their own mistakes
This is true. I did that by buying the Moto X but not other actual flagships :|

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Software only can never make a phone premium.

A Tata Nano runs, a Jaguar runs and then a Ferrari runs, so why buy the latter but not the first? You won't understand that from your vantage point, but maybe after a decade.

but it can ruin the premium experience. (like Miui, which I hate, on xiaomi phones and of course lagwiz)

Consider these from your own example:
A. You have 2 Jaguars at the same price
One which performs like a Ferrari
Other which performs like a Nano

B. You have the option to buy one car at the same price
A Nano
A Jaguar
A Ferrari

Which ones would you like to buy?

ithehappy

Human Spambot
but it can ruin the premium experience. (like Miui, which I hate, on xiaomi phones and of course lagwiz)
Not it can, but it does :D

I have said it multiple times, I am actually bored by saying this, TouchWiz is ****, there is no other way to look at it. Why on earth otherwise would I sell an S4 to get a Moto X, or a hTC M7? Why would I go to XDA and GSMA and continuously badmouth about it?

But that being said, one has to compromise one way or another. There is no perfect product. Nothing is more important than personal experience, and by the number of mobile devices I have used/owned, I have very little, I can proudly say that.

With Samsung the ONLY real problem is their awful software. But with other hybrid type manufacturers there are MULTIPLE problems, and some related to hardware (I am talking about Motorola, hTC, Sony and of course LG here). Now I don't know, but while I am suggesting others I suggest on the basis of 'less problematic phones', that's all, my personal decision are totally mine, contrary to the suggestions, cause I know what I need, or what my preferences are. That's why I never have suggested anyone a Samsung or a Sony when someone's budget is below 20k, and never will. But that doesn't mean that I will suggest a Xiaomi or a LG either.

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
samsung best chip makers?? nah exynos is power hungry and lacks open source,lacks dev support and a fully functional rom
best display?? yeah right,thats why samsung displays and tvs die out within 2 years and thats why oversaturated is supposedly better than natural colour
samsung has multiple issues but the worst is their aftersales-extremely rude and arrogant staff and poor build quality of phones
Moto is arguably better atleast for me

gamefreak4770k

Journeyman
On the question of service (my experience) Moto has recently come back to India. Their service centres don't have stock. My friend had the moto x and he burned the amoled display in 3 months. They didn't have stock and still yet they haven't got anything. My friend curses me everyday.
On the other hand Samsung is also not good. I had broken my display and they took a week to fix it.

On service centre staff if you treat people with respect they'll respected you back. Same goes with you and other forum members.

- - - Updated - - -

On the topic of display Samsung is and the only manufacturer of amoled displays. In moto x thread vyom posted review of anand tech and they said that Samsung is notorious for giving latest generation of displays to other manufacturers.

So how moto x's display is better i wonder!!

- - - Updated - - -

On soc everybody has suggested snapdragon version, so why are you bringing exynos? Everybody hates exynos(except for music quality)

ithehappy

Human Spambot
As I said previously, Snapdragon is preferred because developers prefer it. Not because it is better. Technically Exynos is a better chip than SD, but I will never buy that, because of dev support.

I am not even going to this display thingy. Invalid statements shall not be entertained. All I can say that my Note 3's display (in movie mode obviously) is noticeably better saturated than my LG's IPS panel Dell monitor, LOL.

Also their Service Centres are pretty damn good, in comparison with non existent after sales service of Motorola. Besides, in some posts in some topic I mentioned about service centre details, no point in wasting my time again. Samsung's ASS is one of the best in India. Now I personally have seen idiots in Samsung SC wanting to service a phone because they have entered their damn PIN codes wrongly and locked it, and then blaming Samsung, well if I were there I would simply slap that person and ask to GTFO. I have also seen persons who can't take out an SD card, who can't make a backup of their contact list etc. I have yet to see a single person who has returned in failure from Samsung SC.

This all is meaningless, one should hate a company because of its drawbacks (every company has one!), not because out of some utterly meaningless hatred, in fact mentioning a company's strong point against that company can't be any more childish.

You have a Swift Dezire, I have an A4, now I don't care about that of course, just don't go saying hey yours is overpriced, mine is value for money, that's very idiotic, more than that actually, that's whats happening if someone says LG/Motorola is better than Samsung, as simple as that.

PS : A little example of Value For Money here, a lot of kids say this term nowadays so wrongly, and use it in an absolute untrue way.

I paid 24k for the Moto X: What did I get? I am saying the good points first. A beautiful software experience, even with outdated and slow hardware. A good built phone (at least I think so), with excellent call quality.

Now the cons:

- I could not get a replacement SIM tray for it. I was ready to pay for it with shipping, even when the phone was only three months old. NON EXISTENT service, and rude behaviour over phone.

- Display: Simply AWFUL. I mean even awful could be an understatement. It was actually one of the major point of me selling the phone.

- Camera quality : I don't want to say anything about it. I have never seen an inconsistent camera like that.

- The backside of the phone got yellow within two weeks only. How's that possible? Poor quality back panel, and no I don't want to know what damn material they used for that. I prefer my Note's fake plastic leather finish 200 times more than it, cause it stays white at least, and feels good too.

- A 24k phone, no SD slot, 16 GB built in. Hmm. However I knew about that, but it is a con nevertheless.

- They provided a beautiful IEM in the stock package of X.

Also just visit XDA to see how many case cracking issues are mentioned about X, plenty. Now I am lucky that I haven't had that issue, well I took care of it.

And then another thing, resale value. I got 13.5k for that phone, which had eight months manufacturer warranty, in damn good shape.

And now Note 3 : I got a phone for 32k. I got a magnificent display. I got a more than capable camera. It can run four apps on one screen if needed (I don't care, I don't use it that way, still, as I said, a plus is a plus, having option is always better). S-Pen, well it's unrivaled, and yeah I use it every day. Solid construction, plastic yes, but I hate metal phones, no point in blocking signals and all, tremendously impractical. I got an SD card slot, with 32 GB built in storage. I got a phone which is significantly better hardware, so for those who play intensive games, well, you know. It has got a very good audio chip too. Additionally I got a phone with IR sensor as well, yeah I use that pretty frequently too. And last but not the least, I will be able to sell this phone at 15-16k, even after nine or ten months. Another point which doesn't interest me, but that's just me.

Now what are the cons, only ONE, TouchWiz. But then again, I didn't have to look for an alternative SMS app, Dialler app, Gallery app, which I had to do on the X.

Now to my brain, the latter is a value for money. Because my money is valued by all the pros I mentioned of Note 3, and only one cons. Simple math here, no rocket science. The number of pros easily outweigh the number of cons here, which was the opposite for Moto X.

I only learnt one lesson, no more Moto, it was a stupid decision from my side, that's all.

Last edited:
Top Bottom