Galaxy S II "Mini" leaks

pauldmps

Banned
Source: Samsung Galaxy S II Mini leaks out for Three, plus Nokia X7, Flyer and PlayBook release dates in UK -- Engadget

No, not the Galaxy Mini, that low-end Android sprout -- this looks like Samsung's smaller alternative to the upcoming Galaxy S II superphone. We just got handed UK carrier Three's entire spring-summer lineup, and the Android 2.3 handset certainly stands out, pretending to be miniature in spite of a 3.7-inch screen (think Droid), a 1.4GHz processor (think Pre 3) and 21Mbps HSPA+ connectivity.

Now I'm having a feeling that the Galaxy S II is going to cost an arm & a leg & this is what Samsung has got for people who can't afford that.

Soumik

Padawan
Well, acording to rumours, the price of Galaxy II would be near 30K... justifies IMO.
Though the Mini should be replacing the galaxy SL release pricing. Cause even though design wise it would resemble the GSII, spec wise, the upgrades from SL would be the proc only. Considering its the same chipset as Palm Pre 3, the Ram would same and Adreno 205 isnt much different than SGX540. Its not much of an upgrade from SGX530. The screen may be S amoled, but its smaller than that of SL. The camera would have flash as an upgrade. So, i would think a 22-24K price would be well justified. :) What do you think?

OP
pauldmps

pauldmps

Banned
^^ I'm expecting an under 20k price but I don't think Samsung would want to replace its Galaxy SL lineup.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
^^ yes. Mini should cost close to 25k give or take a few thousands.

& if you check, theres no mobile after Ace thats worth a consideration (forget Defy for a moment) if your budget is 15-20k. and Samsung won't sell the new mobile for or below 20k so soon. so, SGS will die but the SL lineup will live. maybe after 6months, we'll see a S2 Mini SL or something like this, priced at 18k.

Soumik

Padawan
@pauldmps - I hope you are right... :) I really hope they would replace Galaxy SL with this one. It should be an evolutionary step, bringing top tier cell phones to affordable range. SG SL was originally meant for a standby phone for shortage of amoled screens on SGS anyways.
@Sam - Even though i hope otherwise, you may be right actually. Its too early for samsung to replace SGSL in that price point. But i dont think an SGSII L would come. I am actually doubtful if this will even have superamoled! Samsung must have plans to expand its PLS technology, and it might be stating with this one. We have to wait for the official announcement. It would one phone, whose price would decrease by october end to around 18K. Cause it will anyways be launching in another couple of months.

Soumik

Padawan
It mostly has got rebranded to Samsung Galaxy S Plus/SGS 2011. Officially the existence of either is not confirmed.

But it will release in April, thats for sure.

Top Bottom