Galaxy Note 8.0 - Can it beat N7 and iPad Mini?

quagmire

Allllright !
*oyster.ignimgs.com/wordpress/stg.ign.com/2013/02/galaxynote8_01-610x572.jpg

Specs:

8-inch screen 1280x800 pixels with a 189 ppi
Unidentified 1.6GHz quad-core A9 and 2GB of RAM.(Acc. to Cnet)
Android 4.1.2 (Jelly Bean), Wi-fi-only(In US),In international markets 3G (HSPA+ 21)
32GB and 64GB model with microSD slot
5-megapixel back camera,IR blaster,S-Pen.

What price point do you think it can challenge N7 and iPad Mini?

PS:There are rumors that Note 8 will be priced more than 350$.
The Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 will ship to North America, Europe, and other regions in Q2.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Well with a new iPad Mini round the corner with the Retina diaplay it will be hard to say in the display department atleast.
I guess NeXus 7 also might get an update by August-October.
Anyone who needs an Android tab with Cellular, this will be the choice else I‘d recommend a Nexus 7 over this.

OP
quagmire

quagmire

Allllright !
Well with a new iPad Mini round the corner with the Retina diaplay it will be hard to say in the display department atleast.
I guess NeXus 7 also might get an update by August-October.

:+1: With Nexus 7.7 (Tegra 4,1080p display @299$ due May) and iPad Mini with A6X(maybe) and retina screen Galaxy Note 8 probably wont be able make great sales IMO.

And about the looks of Note 8 the bezel is too thick,unlike the iPad Mini, which makes it look ugly..

guru_urug

iGoogle
IMO Samsung is trying too much at once(to maintain its market dominance). They are trying too many things and are excelling at most too, I'll give them credit for that. Phablet,smart-watch, octa-core phone, tablets, etc. They are under pressure to prove themselves time and again. A 8inch tablet that offers nothing exceptional over its existing competition is not going to do well especially with that uncomfortable bezel design.
They'd rather take their time and come out with something that will kick the socks off their competitors. Samsung has the resources to pull it off, they have their own fab plants. They make the best displays too. Bring out the A15's!! I dont see why they cannot make something like this if they want to compete in the smaller tablet section:

7-8 inch full HD display.
Cortex A15 processor (even dual core will be enough, maybe the one used in nexus 10 along with Mali T-604)
2GB of RAM
16GB of Storage with microSD
only front cam(to lower cost if needed)
Wifi/3G variants
Jellybean 4.1.x/4.2.x with KLP upgrade
S Pen
WIN!!!!

Now that would be an upgrade worth considering over the current crop of devices. And they make most of the components themselves so they can price it much reasonably than the competition. Dont worry Samsung it wont take attention away from your upcoming flagship.

OP
quagmire

quagmire

Allllright !
Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 launched in India as Galaxy Note 510

gsmarena said:
At the Samsung Forum 2013, held in Jakarta, Indonesia, Samsung today announced the South West Asian version of the Galaxy Note 8.0 – and it’s called the Galaxy Note 510. The reason for renaming the 8″ slate is still mysterious.

--------------------------------------------------

:banghead: :facepalm:
"Samsung's oft-leaked Note 8.0 is available for €499/€599 for the 16GB/32GB versions (tack on another €100 for 3G support) pricing in Germany"
-Source

tkin

Back to school!!
I wouldn't pay a dime over 20k for a 189PPI device, 35k? Yeah, keep it yourself, Nexus 7 FTW.

PS: 5mpx cam, quad A9, what does samsung thing? That they can charge double for that SPEN? I'd rather get the Note 2, idiots.

OP
quagmire

quagmire

Allllright !
^Exactly.. And I was thinking it would challenge N7 and the iPad mini..

The benchmarks are out here -Link

Top Bottom