Galaxy Note 2 Fell in water

OP
ajayritik

ajayritik

Technomancer
I asked the Samsung Service Center guy to keep the phone with him for more couple of days and just check in case it works.
He called me in the evening today and informed that there is no change in the phone issue.
I would have to shell out 13k to fix the problem.
Now I have two options.
1. Getting this checked at some other store
2. Remove the battery and keep it in rice sack for 3 days.

Practically looks like the phone may not be up again.
Not sure if the motherboard and display goes bad then there would be any likelihood of they working again by just keeping them in rice sack or out in sun.

Any further ideas?

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
No point in spending 13k for getting it fixed. You can buy better phones at that price.
Phone's motherboard related problems aren't easy to fix. Replacing mobo parts like PowerIC is cumbersome and requires good soldering skills.

If water has anyhow reacted with any of the metallic circuit, the phone will have a slow death despite repair work and you may not know when the phone will die. :(

My old Nokia 6303 experienced the same fate and went dead. The display still works though.

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
I asked the Samsung Service Center guy to keep the phone with him for more couple of days and just check in case it works.
He called me in the evening today and informed that there is no change in the phone issue.
I would have to shell out 13k to fix the problem.
Now I have two options.
1. Getting this checked at some other store
2. Remove the battery and keep it in rice sack for 3 days.

Practically looks like the phone may not be up again.
Not sure if the motherboard and display goes bad then there would be any likelihood of they working again by just keeping them in rice sack or out in sun.

Any further ideas?

saiyangoku is right
I think you should try 2. and see how it goes first

if no results,try asking locally and see
if thats too pricey,best is to buy a new phone,no point repairing it imho
my friend bought a used well-maintained Note 2 last week for 14k itself,looks new and unused,so i feel 13k is a rip off

- - - Updated - - -

ps- getting it done cheap and locally is risky sometimes especially since samsung phones have malfunctions from time to time and burst into flames etc
i think try 2. and if no hope,get a new phone
repairing power components on mobo is risky and the phone will never feel the same again

OP
ajayritik

ajayritik

Technomancer
Is there any amount I will get if I sell this as it is.
I know this maybe a dumb question but still.
I'm preferring to do the below:
1. Keep it in rice sack for 3-4 Days
2. Get it repaired locally if it's possible for around 5k like that and use it for few days and then sell it off for around 11k.

What do you guys think?

$hadow

Geek in making
2. Get it repaired locally if it's possible for around 5k like that and use it for few days and then sell it off for around 11k.

What do you guys think?

Is there any guarantee that it will work after investing 5k in it? And do you have a buyer who is willing to buy it for that around 11k mark?

OP
ajayritik

ajayritik

Technomancer
Straight question
With the current condition that the phone is in now can I get any money for this if I try selling it or it's as good as throwing it in e-waste?

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Straight question
With the current condition that the phone is in now can I get any money for this if I try selling it or it's as good as throwing it in e-waste?

You can try exchanging it for other phone/accessories but do remember the products you buy in exchange may be priced much higher than the online stores.

OP
ajayritik

ajayritik

Technomancer
You can try exchanging it for other phone/accessories but do remember the products you buy in exchange may be priced much higher than the online stores.

Saiyan and any other folks please let me know how can I get rid of this for some price.
Can you give more details?

ashs1

Padawan
It might be possible to get it fixed cheaply ( local) and then sell it on olx/ exchange it for new phone.

OP
ajayritik

ajayritik

Technomancer
It might be possible to get it fixed cheaply ( local) and then sell it on olx/ exchange it for new phone.

I understand getting it fixed locally for lesser cost but selling it on olx will be a pain is it? Just in case that phone at later point going bad.
Also if I exchange it as it is will the seller give any amount.
So I come back to same question.
Will I be getting any amount on this? If so how much can I expect?
2-3k?

- - - Updated - - -

I understand getting it fixed locally for lesser cost but selling it on olx will be a pain is it? Just in case that phone at later point going bad.
2-3k?

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW

What do you guys think?

try 1. first trust me
if it works ,try selling it or use it for a while more

- - - Updated - - -

2-3k?

- - - Updated - - -

2-3k?

try the rice sack method and see
if you want to sell it,try selling it for parts(whats left of it),youll get a much higher price
i suggest trying the rice sack thing first though
it might take a while,maybe a week no harm trying

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Saiyan and any other folks please let me know how can I get rid of this for some price.
Can you give more details?

You can get a 32 GB Nexus 6 for 36k (normal price 44k) by exchanging your Note 2 on flipkart. That's the best price you can get right now. I don't think flipkart checks if the phone is working. ;)

OP
ajayritik

ajayritik

Technomancer
You can get a 32 GB Nexus 6 for 36k (normal price 44k) by exchanging your Note 2 on flipkart. That's the best price you can get right now. I don't think flipkart checks if the phone is working. ;)

^^ Yeah worth a try
I wouldnt advice N6 though,rather get Moto Turbo
N6 is kinda overpriced

So you guys are saying Flipkart doesn't even check if the display is working or not if the phone is getting on.
That sounds quite weird.
Right now I don't have the bucks. The max I can shell out is 5k.
Ideally I think it's better for me to get a basic phone for around 3k like that and later down the line I can invest in better specs phone like Samsung etc.

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
So you guys are saying Flipkart doesn't even check if the display is working or not if the phone is getting on.
That sounds quite weird.
Ideally I think it's better for me to get a basic phone for around 3k like that and later down the line I can invest in better specs phone like Samsung etc.

then try and getting the phone to work in the meantime
once its working,sell it locally and buy a decent phone on a budget such as Yureka or something
dont get samsung trust me,especially since the ones which came after Note 2 and S3

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
That sounds quite weird.

Samdung and good specifications don't go together :lol:

OP
ajayritik

ajayritik

Technomancer
Samdung and good specifications don't go together :lol:

This was not a typo right?

- - - Updated - - -

true dat!! XD
Phones such as Yureka and OPO need an award for better vfm,design and even ASS than samsung

What's XD?
What's OPO?

- - - Updated - - -

then try and getting the phone to work in the meantime
once its working,sell it locally and buy a decent phone on a budget such as Yureka or something
dont get samsung trust me,especially since the ones which came after Note 2 and S3

I agree with you on the bolded part.

Top Bottom