FX 8150 CPU Problem

OP
Arnab

Arnab

Scattered in Quantum
so, your perfectly working system develops "lag", which you promptly attribute to your CPU.... genius. just genius.

did it not occur to you that clicking on the "free video chat with respectable ladies" banner may install viruses in your PC?

download and run : hijack this.
make a logfile and upload.

download and run : process monitor.
post screenshots. the default windows proc manager is almost useless witout enabling extra columns. i suggest you turn on these columns :
1. cpu time (shows how much "time" each process is using, very useful)
2. page faults
3. threads
4. image path name

Here is a image of Process Monitor. See and tell Please Doomgiver

process 1.jpg

Did you use spybot like i had said? Try that and also use process monitor like doomgiver had said.
This is definitely a virus. Not a hardware malfunction for sure.

You should also try avast, atleast the free edition.

I UPLOADED the image see and tell please.

Ya, i downloaded Bitdefender and now starting the boot scan.

HERE IS THE LOG FILE - *www.filesnack.com/files/cz1301z6

Last edited:

Bhav

Broken In
try combo fix if it was a virus issue then it will get solved by this or try to uninstall chrome and see any defense

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
some virus/malicious contets are hard to remove even using boot scanner coz they depends on the OS to run the scan - so in such situation using a AV rescue disc is recommended as it boots and scans the pc using it own linux based OS - and AVG, Avira ( some other AV manufacturers may be ) provides the latest version of such rescue disc.

BTW, Op shoud unistall all the fancy apps that comes with the mobo specially the AICharger Plus which may have updated itself and creating all this issue - generally using these bloatwares are never needed ;-)

OP
Arnab

Arnab

Scattered in Quantum
some virus/malicious contets are hard to remove even using boot scanner coz they depends on the OS to run the scan - so in such situation using a AV rescue disc is recommended as it boots and scans the pc using it own linux based OS - and AVG, Avira ( some other AV manufacturers may be ) provides the latest version of such rescue disc.

BTW, Op shoud unistall all the fancy apps that comes with the mobo specially the AICharger Plus which may have updated itself and creating all this issue - generally using these bloatwares are never needed ;-)

Thanks.

Look, I just have cleared around 296 threats using Bitdefender 13 , within Boot Sector Scan and now the Graph is low but still fluctuating.

Should I Format my windows Drive now ?

Bhav

Broken In
Thanks.

Look, I just have cleared around 296 threats using Bitdefender 13 , within Boot Sector Scan and now the Graph is low but still fluctuating.

have u try combofix

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
Thanks.

your computer may have more virus hidden on your pc.
if the system still slows down, then you may format it. Always install good antivirus like bitdefender just after formatting it(before installing any other software).If the problem still persists then your hard disk may be failing(very little chance).
Report back after formatting.

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
if you have a seperate partition for OS only [should have it, incase you dont], then just format and clean install OS. then deep scan other partitions.

use a good antivirus. I use KIS 2012. Its excellent. ;)

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Thanks.

if you have 2 or more partitions you better scan them using an Av rescue disc and when the scan clears out all the virus/malwares from all of the partitions don't just boot into windows - boot the pc using windows install disc and install the OS.

OP
Arnab

Arnab

Scattered in Quantum
if you have 2 or more partitions you better scan them using an Av rescue disc and when the scan clears out all the virus/malwares from all of the partitions don't just boot into windows - boot the pc using windows install disc and install the OS.

When I am trying to boot up in Rescue mode, the screen is getting black and my processor is speeding up so cant scan those other drives, what to do?

Currently, I have installed KIS 13 and I have no issues now as i can see. Boot scan has been done , other drive root scan done. Anything else ?

But I am having another type of problem, which I dont think is Virus related.

While Working on Lightroom, pshop my cpu temperature risisng up to 65 C and its prompting me . Whenever its reaching 70 the total SYSTEM got shutted down.

What do you think I should do? I didnt OC anything.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ Rescue Mode ? of windows or some Antivirus CD ? if of some AV try a different one .. sometime these linux distro based AV rescue CD can't detect proper screen resolution hence black screen.

ANyway, coming to the shutdown issue it's clearly indicating your cpu is overheating .. there could be several reason like fan speed, improper mounting of HSF tec. - try to remount the cpu HSF properly using some good TiM or better would be if you a after market cooler.

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
^^ Rescue Mode ? of windows or some Antivirus CD ? if of some AV try a different one .. sometime these linux distro based AV rescue CD can't detect proper screen resolution hence black screen.

ANyway, coming to the shutdown issue it's clearly indicating your cpu is overheating .. there could be several reason like fan speed, improper mounting of HSF tec. - try to remount the cpu HSF properly using some good TiM or better would be if you a after market cooler.

the stock cooler/TIM is enough for maintaining good temps in normal loads, and in winter low ambient temps help too. dont go in for a aftermarket cooler just yet. sort out the problem first. check the mounting and the TIM. sometimes there is too little TIM on the die and heat transfer isnt too good. also check air flow inside cabby.

incase mounting was faulty, remount, using new TIM if possible. if problem persists, go for service.

OP
Arnab

Arnab

Scattered in Quantum

the stock cooler/TIM is enough for maintaining good temps in normal loads, and in winter low ambient temps help too. dont go in for a aftermarket cooler just yet. sort out the problem first. check the mounting and the TIM. sometimes there is too little TIM on the die and heat transfer isnt too good. also check air flow inside cabby.

incase mounting was faulty, remount, using new TIM if possible. if problem persists, go for service.

Look , For now I have cleard dust from the TMI , cleared up Dusts from HSF - Quite good now . CPU TEMP IS OK.

But do you think i should go for a good Coolling system for my PROCESSOR ?

digitfan

Right Off the Assembly Line
Do you still have the problem?
From your problem it looks like you got a severe virus attack and unfortunately in your case antiviruses rarely works.The best bet for you is to reformat the OS.Otherwise you have to manually find the culprit and delete it which again requires a professional help.

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
Look , For now I have cleard dust from the TMI , cleared up Dusts from HSF - Quite good now . CPU TEMP IS OK.

But do you think i should go for a good Coolling system for my PROCESSOR ?

dust got INTO the TIM??? unless its a typo, you should change it ASAP.

there is no need of changing the stock cooler unless you OC OR your cabby has bad circulation OR the ambient temp of your room is high.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member

stock cooler is not always enough ( specially for cpus with 125W TDP ) ... a few days ago when the ambient temp was as low as 8-10c I was getting 52c temp while gaming using the stock cooler - fan speed was around 3.9K RPM and even after I've bumped it to highest speed mode ( noising too much ) around ~5.5k RPM it only lowered the temp by 2c. So on summer it may go sky high and the stock cooling won't be adequate for sure.

OP
Arnab

Arnab

Scattered in Quantum
stock cooler is not always enough ( specially for cpus with 125W TDP ) ... a few days ago when the ambient temp was as low as 8-10c I was getting 52c temp while gaming using the stock cooler - fan speed was around 3.9K RPM and even after I've bumped it to highest speed mode ( noising too much ) around ~5.5k RPM it only lowered the temp by 2c. So on summer it may go sky high and the stock cooling won't be adequate for sure.

oh.. i dint know the 8150 is a 125W TDP proccy. my bad.

Top gear, What you suggest me to do? My CPU Temp is quite good now but the machine still restart. I took a closer look and saw that my GPU(HD 5850) Temp is 80 C- Is it Normal? I am not playing games, just after I am starting my Soundsystem that is being attached with GPU for good sound , the temp start rising. This havent been happeining anyday , but just startted - Can you tell why?

@anirbandd - TIM- ya dust got into over it through the stock fan i think. Its quite normal why? No it doesnt got into the interface exatly . It was over it. so the fan could not able to diciapte the hea as the wind was to circulating well.

What Fac Should I Opt? Or What Cooling SYSTEM?

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
Top gear, What you suggest me to do? My CPU Temp is quite good now but the machine still restart. I took a closer look and saw that my GPU(HD 5850) Temp is 80 C- Is it Normal? I am not playing games, just after I am starting my Soundsystem that is being attached with GPU for good sound , the temp start rising. This havent been happeining anyday , but just startted - Can you tell why?

@anirbandd - TIM- ya dust got into over it through the stock fan i think. Its quite normal why? No it doesnt got into the interface exatly . It was over it. so the fan could not able to diciapte the hea as the wind was to circulating well.

What Fac Should I Opt? Or What Cooling SYSTEM?

can you explain how you have connected the sound system to your card??

normal/load temps of the card as shown here: Review - HIS ATI Radeon HD 5850 Review | bit-tech.net
but.. as seen here it does not cross 70degrees after Furmark 30mins run.
something is seriously wrong with your card.

TIM is a proccy critical component and its important thats it perfectly all right. adulteration by dust will hamper its heat conductive properties leading to heat build up in processor. change it if you can. Use ArcticSilver or anything similar..

dunno about coolers for AMD sockets :p check out coolermaster site.

Top Bottom