FX 8150 CPU Problem

OP
Arnab

Arnab

Scattered in Quantum
can you explain how you have connected the sound system to your card??

normal/load temps of the card as shown here: Review - HIS ATI Radeon HD 5850 Review | bit-tech.net
but.. as seen here it does not cross 70degrees after Furmark 30mins run.
something is seriously wrong with your card.

TIM is a proccy critical component and its important thats it perfectly all right. adulteration by dust will hamper its heat conductive properties leading to heat build up in processor. change it if you can. Use ArcticSilver or anything similar..

dunno about coolers for AMD sockets :p check out coolermaster site.

I have my monitor connected with the DVI port as usual and my amplifier is connected wih HDMI port, to the card.The HDMI only serves as a sound gateway.
Now tell me what you think.

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
oh i was asking about the audio connection coz i maybe doing the same in the near future. it was off topic :p sorry.

about your card.. i have heard allegations about XFX on this forum and while buying my card. dunno why you went for the old 5850 when 7xxx series was present. my primary doubt would be the heat sink mounting on the card.

I am not playing games, just after I am starting my Soundsystem that is being attached with GPU for good sound , the temp start rising. This havent been happeining anyday , but just startted
btw, when did you buy the card and when did the problem start? was there any indications of the problem before this?
have you tried disconnecting the HDMI and monitoring the temp?

OP
Arnab

Arnab

Scattered in Quantum
oh i was asking about the audio connection coz i maybe doing the same in the near future. it was off topic :p sorry.

about your card.. i have heard allegations about XFX on this forum and while buying my card. dunno why you went for the old 5850 when 7xxx series was present. my primary doubt would be the heat sink mounting on the card.

btw, when did you buy the card and when did the problem start? was there any indications of the problem before this?
have you tried disconnecting the HDMI and monitoring the temp?

I bought it almost 1 year and some months ago so i hope you can understand . Ya, I tried monitoring after starting soundsystem and it was rising. If i make off my sound system then the temp falls. What do you think?

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
oh.. i dint know the 8150 is a 125W TDP proccy. my bad.

no it's not, I've just shared my observation and when it comes to power consumption it can even consume more than a 1100T
41715.png
and more power consumption generally means more heat but Op is not facing this anymore ..

@ Arnab - for a cpu cooler nothing beats Cm Hyper 212 Evo around ~2.2k

now regarding your Audio and heat issue - when a gpu outputs audio ( you are not using any S/PDIF cable to connnect the gpu with the mobo ? only some older card needs this ) it can do it independednty of the mobos audio chip so it's using a feature of the gpu chip and that may be somehow hetaing up the gpu core - to test it connect your speaker/amp with the mobo and start playing some game and monitor the gpu temp.

OP
Arnab

Arnab

Scattered in Quantum
no it's not, I've just shared my observation and when it comes to power consumption it can even consume more than a 1100T
View attachment 8521
and more power consumption generally means more heat but Op is not facing this anymore ..

@ Arnab - for a cpu cooler nothing beats Cm Hyper 212 Evo around ~2.2k

now regarding your Audio and heat issue - when a gpu outputs audio ( you are not using any S/PDIF cable to connnect the gpu with the mobo ? only some older card needs this ) it can do it independednty of the mobos audio chip so it's using a feature of the gpu chip and that may be somehow hetaing up the gpu core - to test it connect your speaker/amp with the mobo and start playing some game and monitor the gpu temp.

When I am making my AMP off , the temp is going down bro. So I definitely thing its due to that . .But , i am think this problem havent taken place this 5 months then what suddenly makes it to?

Also, If opt Cm Hyper 212 Evo- IS there any problem that my RAM Slots will get blocked?

Should i buy some extra high RPM Fans?

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ by amplifier you meant the amplifier of the 7.1 speaker or you are using some other separate amplifier ?

Anyway, Hyper 212 EVO may block the first ram so you need to place the fan facing the rear IO panel of the mobo or better facing the NB chipset.

OP
Arnab

Arnab

Scattered in Quantum
^^ by amplifier you meant the amplifier of the 7.1 speaker or you are using some other separate amplifier ?

Anyway, Hyper 212 EVO may block the first ram so you need to place the fan facing the rear IO panel of the mobo or better facing the NB chipset.

By Amplifier I meant Original Amplifier sound system of ONKYO .

Ohh, So is it definite that it will block?

If i Put it the way you said , will that still block?

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
you will find the complete dimensions of the Hyper Evo on CM site. its best that you note down those dimensions and then check the clearances inside your cabby with a ruler.

can you give the exact model no. of your Onkyo HT??
it might be that the amplifier is somehow the culprit. a possible cause might be that the amplifier is sinking more current from the GPU output than the normal rated output of the card. thats why the card is heating, trying to source that amount of current.

OP
Arnab

Arnab

Scattered in Quantum
you will find the complete dimensions of the Hyper Evo on CM site. its best that you note down those dimensions and then check the clearances inside your cabby with a ruler.

can you give the exact model no. of your Onkyo HT??
it might be that the amplifier is somehow the culprit. a possible cause might be that the amplifier is sinking more current from the GPU output than the normal rated output of the card. thats why the card is heating, trying to source that amount of current.

ONKYO HT S3400- Reciver Particular model name- Ht R390.

See and help plz

Myth

Cyborg Agent
If i Put it the way you said , will that still block?

Either orient the cooler fan as topgear suggested or else, if the fan is placed in the same side as the ram slots, try raising the fan clips along the heatsink. This will clear a little space between the fan and the ram modules below.

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
both amp and GFX to their respective service centres. have them thoroughly checked.

in front of you.

Top Bottom