Funbook pro coming out soon

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
Remember the Micromax Funbook we reviewed back in April? Well, now Micromax has just updated its website with a larger 10.1-inch variant of the Funbook tablet which it calls the Funbook Pro. Micromax should launch it sometime next month but the pricing of the tablet has not been decided yet.

As far as specs go, the Funbook Pro features a 10.1-inch display with a resolution of 1024×600 pixels, a 1.2GHz single-core processor tied in with dual Mali 400 GPUs, a VGA front facing camera, 8GB of internal memory along with a microSD card slot that supports up to 32GB of storage, Wi-Fi connectivity and 1GB of RAM. The Funbook Pro will run Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich.

While the previous Funbook did indeed provide a palatable tablet experience at a pleasing price point, it failed to deliver sustainable reading experience owing to a very poor display. Hopefully, Micromax has dealt with the criticism and will arm the new Funbook Pro with a much better display.

If one compares the specs of the Funbook Pro with the older 7-inch Funbook, Micromax has added a larger, higher resolution display and has doubled the RAM and memory.

Source

Official website

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
Good. I was thinking of buying Funbook for my dad, if Micromax sets a sweet price point then I will go for Pro. :)

OP
theserpent

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
Actually funbook pro,Will be a good competitor to google's nexus 7.
The Main con of nexus 7 is its limited memory :(.
Hope it's priced under 10k ;)

this website says prices can be below 10k. If its true then it will be a huge success.And even a tough competitor to the nexus 7.
Only pro in nexus 7 is its nvdia tegra 3

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
more like 12K+ .. please note they have not only upgraded the LCD but also RAM/Memory.

EDIT: reconsidering.. 10.5 to 12K

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
^^ ASUS/Google can take the risk of selling a product at lower price.. regular players cant. Micromax IMO has lower profit over cost of production of their devices.

3.5K + for larger LCD/more RAM/Storage/Battery? .. I dont think LCD and RAM are cheap to upgrade.. thats my only concern right now.. so based on additional hardware cost Micromax would set the price for Funbook Pro. Seeing the history of Micromax IMO they would still set the price at a sweet spot ;)

ankit.kumar010203

Journeyman
THATs THE VERY COOL :cool: AND FANTASTIC NEWS....! IS This Tab HAVE SIM CARD SLOT FOR 3G AND 2G SIMs?? I think this will soon hit the market.... :):)
SEE THIS LINK- *www.thinkdigit.com/Tablets/Micromax-to-launch-101-inch-ICS-based-Funbook-Pro_10278.html

@theserpent thanks for good news

Last edited:

digitaltab

In the zone
@ theserpent: thanks very much for the news, i was about to buy one in future, also do mention the price when disclosed..

ankit.kumar010203

Journeyman
a person here is providing a useful information, and you are reacting like a,,... instead of thanking him...

well better do not comment if you don't like it rather than abusive language:-x..

AGREE WITH SHIVAM24....!!!:+1:
@NOOB JUST STOP REACTING LIKE THIS...:-x
BETTER U DON'T REPLY HERE.:muttering:

Last edited:

SunE

Professional Newbie
Why are you guys attacking noob. I'm sure he's just not pleased with the screen res, and isn't meaning to offend any member. :)

icebags

Technomancer
hope the screen will be better with good sensitivity. current funbook has touch issues with regular market styluses. :-x

Top Bottom