Full HD TV for INR 70k !!!

randomuser111

Technomancer
To some extent yes. Passive is much more comfortable on the eyes than Active 3D but Passive 3D doesn't deliver as sharp visuals as Active. But that's very minor to be honest.

Compared to HX850, 2D PQ is inferior on W800 and 3D is better.

OP
S

ssj4karan

Journeyman
To some extent yes. Passive is much more comfortable on the eyes than Active 3D but Passive 3D doesn't deliver as sharp visuals as Active. But that's very minor to be honest.

Compared to HX850, 2D PQ is inferior on W800 and 3D is better.

Thats good to hear. As long as it is minor, should not be an issue for me.
You say 2D PQ is inferior, To what extent? Is it a game changer or something that is bearly noticable?
What could be the reason for the same? As both use the "Pro" Engine.

shrey_naidu

Broken In
Sony has inbuilt apps, so you are limited to those apps..
Worst UI i have ever seen.
Bulky Remote is not quite friendly.
Active 3D :shock:

Samsung and Lg has better UI with tons of smart features..
:)
I have recently seen new Samsung TV's and let me tell you they are very good in Specs, PQ and awesome new remote.
Only let down with Samsung TV's are Active 3D with flickering glasses...

Lg has new lineup to be released, few models are already in stores.. they look quite promising too.
I have seen LA 6200, priced at 66k it has a gr8 PQ.

LG is gr8 for IPS panel, Passive 3D (5 starts for 2D to 3D Depth control), Motion Control Remote, UI is good and other interesting features.

As all brands are launching their new TV Models, They will be in stores in less than a month.. So more you wait more options you get.
I personally suggest Samsung or LG. :lol:

Last edited:
OP
S

ssj4karan

Journeyman
Sony has inbuilt apps, so you are limited to those apps..
Worst UI i have ever seen.
Bulky Remote is not quite friendly.
Active 3D :shock:

Samsung and Lg has better UI with tons of smart features..
:)
I have recently seen new Samsung TV's and let me tell you they are very good in Specs, PQ and awesome new remote.
Only let down with Samsung TV's are Active 3D with flickering glasses...

Lg has new lineup to be released, few models are already in stores.. they look quite promising too.
I have seen LA 6200, priced at 66k it has a gr8 PQ.

LG is gr8 for IPS panel, Passive 3D (5 starts for 2D to 3D Depth control), Motion Control Remote, UI is good and other interesting features.

As all brands are launching their new TV Models, They will be in stores in less than a month.. So more you wait more options you get.
I personally suggest Samsung or LG. :lol:

Well i am not a big fan of LG Products.
I prefer either Samsung or Sony.
Many are of the view that Sony has better PQ.
Plus i am not a big fan of the flickering glasses. Samsung only has Active 3D option.
Hence leaning towards the passive 3D or non 3D models of Sony.

Why are you not considering the HX750, you will get a good discount on it too.

Well i read that HX750 was a disappointment. Hence not considering it.
Plus when i could go for HX850, Why would i look at the HX750?

Not unless you are a Picture Quality fanatic. Most people wouldn't find much difference. :)

I mean, people are happy with LG picture quality as well, W800 has better PQ than LG sets.

Well i fall under the most people category ;) So should not make much difference to me.
Most probably will go for the W800A as that is suiting all my needs of Big in size, Great PQ, Great price Range, Passive 3D and 4 HDMI Ports. Plus it is a "Sony" :)

Also coming to the 2D Picture quality, are the W700A and W800A same?

OP
S

ssj4karan

Journeyman
^

W700 uses VA panel so it will have slightly better PQ than W800

Cool. Thanks for the info.
What about the LED Lighting and stuff? Do both models use the same system?
Will the W700 with its 200 Motion flow rate suffice for fast paced action and gaming or is 400 motion flow rate required for this?

randomuser111

Technomancer
Both W700 and W800 use EDGE LED backlight. W800 has dynamic frame dimming in addition to improve contrast when the entire screen has to show black.

But still, W700 will have better blacks as VA panel has higher native contrast than IPS

OP
S

ssj4karan

Journeyman
Thanks for the suggestions guys. I have currently decided to go for the Sony 46" W700A.

3D will go for it at a later stage when the technology is more developed. Think will go for it with an Oled screen :)

Will be going tomorrow to audition the sets. Lets see if something changes my mind. Till such time it is the W700A.

randomuser111

Technomancer
No,there are lots of 3D models with less than 400Hz.

That's a misconception. 400hz as you know is only the motion tech figure which virtually means nothing. For 3D you need a native 120hz panel. That's the ONLY requirement

Most Lg Passive 3D (except higher models) use 60hz panels. Like LG LM6400,6410,6690 etc have 60hz panel with 400CMI. So even though they have 400hz motion processing, the panels are 60hz (what actually matters).

OP
S

ssj4karan

Journeyman
That's a misconception. 400hz as you know is only the motion tech figure which virtually means nothing. For 3D you need a native 120hz panel. That's the ONLY requirement

Most Lg Passive 3D (except higher models) use 60hz panels. Like LG LM6400,6410,6690 etc have 60hz panel with 400CMI. So even though they have 400hz motion processing, the panels are 60hz (what actually matters).

This has raised my curiosity.

How many Hz panel do the w700, W800 and HX850 use?
These models claim 200Hz,400Hz and 800 Hz clear motion rate respectively.

Minion

Conversation Architect

I found something interesting
Does a 3D HDTV Need a Faster Refresh Rate? | PCWorld

tejaslok

Journeyman
I am getting the 40 HX850 for about 75k.
Does the HX850 come with the flickering the 3D glasses? I hate those as they are quite irritating and can't be worn for long.

Also the 46 HX850 is out of my budget. The only 46 inch sitting in my budget are the models mentioned in my above post.

So it all comes down to the difference in experience in the 40 inch and 46 inch TV's. If it ain't too big, then can go for the 40HX850.
I will be picking up my TV in june. Is there new Sony TV's expected to launch by then in India in the 46 inch segment?

can you tell me, where u got that Quote for sony hx850, im looking to buy one since im not satisifed with w800a from sony and w900a isnt in my budget ?

Top Bottom