Full HD TV for INR 70k !!!

aroraanant

Explorer
I can't comment much on the latest Samsung models as I haven't auditioned any of them till yet.
And about Sony's x-reality engine or Samsung's HyperReal, actually both has some pros and cons, if one is good in one aspect then the other is good in some other aspect.
Sony NX650 is really a very good piece but I find it costly and as the cons which I have mentioned above doesn't bother as you said you will be connecting your laptop to it, so you can go ahead with it.
Or the best would be let Samsung new range become widely available, and then compare it with the Sony ones and then decide, if I would be you then I would have done this only.

OP
S

ssj4karan

Journeyman
I can't comment much on the latest Samsung models as I haven't auditioned any of them till yet.
And about Sony's x-reality engine or Samsung's HyperReal, actually both has some pros and cons, if one is good in one aspect then the other is good in some other aspect.
Sony NX650 is really a very good piece but I find it costly and as the cons which I have mentioned above doesn't bother as you said you will be connecting your laptop to it, so you can go ahead with it.
Or the best would be let Samsung new range become widely available, and then compare it with the Sony ones and then decide, if I would be you then I would have done this only.

Hmm..Am really confused. I want to pick up the latest technology (Pref 2013 Model) but at a good price.
Till now, i have only seen the Sony NX650 in action and was totally impressed with it.

The samsung 40F5500 is dual core and the specs too are decent. Have not seen it in action though.

The samsung 40F6400 has some awsome specs and is decently priced. But have not yet seen it in any showroom. (Any idea if this too is dual core or not?)

Then comes the Sony W670 Series. The specs of which looks totally awsome. Just have to wait and see, when it launches in Gurgaon and if any of the 40 inch led models have 3+ HDMI ports.

So these are the choices i have narrowed it down to.. Not looking at panasonic or LG. The war is between Sony and Samsung :)

Minion

Conversation Architect
^Both Samsung 40F6400 and SonyW670 are latest from Samsung and Sony stable. Sony NX650 is old model though Since Samsung 40F6400 is 400Hz i am guessing this have 100Hz panel means less motion blur while same can't be said about Sony W670 you should watch sports channel to have rough idea how both handle motion.
Sony W670 is having great processing engine aka X-Reality Pro.

OP
S

ssj4karan

Journeyman
^Both Samsung 40F6400 and SonyW670 are latest from Samsung and Sony stable. Sony NX650 is old model though Since Samsung 40F6400 is 400Hz i am guessing this have 100Hz panel means less motion blur while same can't be said about Sony W670 you should watch sports channel to have rough idea how both handle motion.
Sony W670 is having great processing engine aka X-Reality Pro.

Any idea when these are expected to launch?

Also the dual core or quad core processors in tv come into play only when using the apps in the tv right?
It does not affect normal performance in any way?

aroraanant

Explorer
By month end or by May 1st week I hope you will see new Samsung sets in the showrooms, so I suggest you to wait and first have a look at the newer ones and then decide.

Minion

Conversation Architect
Any idea when these are expected to launch?

Also the dual core or quad core processors in tv come into play only when using the apps in the tv right?
It does not affect normal performance in any way?

Yes,It doesn't affect normal performance of tv nor when using apps.

OP
S

ssj4karan

Journeyman
By month end or by May 1st week I hope you will see new Samsung sets in the showrooms, so I suggest you to wait and first have a look at the newer ones and then decide.

Will surely wait as i need to make my purchase in june. Lets see what sony and samsung offer.
In case you guys get a chance to catch these new models in action, do keep me posted about your views on it.

Yes,It doesn't affect normal performance of tv nor when using apps.

Then what is the use of dual core or quad core processors in a tv?

amjath

Human Spambot
Also Samsung is selling Samsung smart evolution kit to upgrade the TV with latest TVs. That's another gimmick. AFAIK angry birds and other small games are released for TVs so even a single core processor phones run that. Samsung knows how to play with numbers for noobs (dual, quad, octa core :D)

OP
S

ssj4karan

Journeyman
Guys need your suggestion.

In the 40 inch segment

Given a choice between Sony HX850 vs Samsung F7500

Which one would you suggest?

Top Bottom