Full HD TV for INR 70k !!!

aroraanant

Explorer
Guys need your suggestion.

In the 40 inch segment

Given a choice between Sony HX850 vs Samsung F7500

Which one would you suggest?
Samsung F7500 is a new model and it is not in market yet so it would be difficult to comment on it.
Apart from that nothing beats HX850 in terms of PQ till date.

OP
S

ssj4karan

Journeyman
Thanks for the suggestion guys. The thing is i am getting some really good deals. So if i stretch my budget a little bit, i can get theses TV's.

Now a big question. Do i go for the 40 inch TV or go for a 46 inch TV? Is it a big difference in experience? Am currently using a samsung 40 inch LCD.

If i go for a 40 inch TV, it will be the Sony HX850 as suggested by you guys.
In the 46 inch Segment, I have the following choices. Sony W700A vs Samsung F6800 vs Samsung F6400.

So what do you guys say.

randomuser111

Technomancer
Thanks for the suggestion guys. The thing is i am getting some really good deals. So if i stretch my budget a little bit, i can get theses TV's.

Now a big question. Do i go for the 40 inch TV or go for a 46 inch TV? Is it a big difference in experience? Am currently using a samsung 40 inch LCD.

In the 46 inch Segment, I have the following choices. Sony W700A vs Samsung F6800 vs Samsung F6400.

So what do you guys say.

If you go for 46" then go for HX850 not the above sets.

HX850 will blow these out of the water. So if you are not getting 46 HX850 then stick to 40HX850.

How much are you getting HX850 for?

OP
S

ssj4karan

Journeyman
If you go for 46" then go for HX850 not the above sets.

HX850 will blow these out of the water. So if you are not getting 46 HX850 then stick to 40HX850.

How much are you getting HX850 for?

I am getting the 40 HX850 for about 75k.
Does the HX850 come with the flickering the 3D glasses? I hate those as they are quite irritating and can't be worn for long.

Also the 46 HX850 is out of my budget. The only 46 inch sitting in my budget are the models mentioned in my above post.

So it all comes down to the difference in experience in the 40 inch and 46 inch TV's. If it ain't too big, then can go for the 40HX850.
I will be picking up my TV in june. Is there new Sony TV's expected to launch by then in India in the 46 inch segment?

Minion

Conversation Architect
40 inch will suffice while 46 incher will be too large.Sony is going to release their W series but HX series has better specification than W series.
You are getting HX850 for 75k I would say its a very good deal.
You could add Philips 42PFL7977/V7 to your list it uses passive 3D will set you back by 66-68k for 42 inch.

Last edited:

randomuser111

Technomancer
Yes the W800A will launch then. 47 inches Passive 3D.

PQ wise it will be lil worse than HX850. So if Passive 3D is more important to you then you can wait for it or go for the Philips model Minion suggested above.

OP
S

ssj4karan

Journeyman
So Active 3D is with flickering Glasses and Passive 3D is without the flickering glasses right? If this is right, then if i go for a 3D TV, it has to be a passive 3D TV.

PQ wise, 3D or non-3D viewing, The HX850 would be the best right?

Does Samsung have any passive 3D TV's?

When is Sony's passive 3D TV expected to launch in India?

How is Philips PQ when compared to Samsung and Sony?

In the 46 inch segment, Which is the best non-3D TV to get?

aroraanant

Explorer
Bigger is always better so 46" is obviously better than 40" if your budget allows.

Yes.

Yes

No

When is Sony's passive 3D TV expected to launch in India?
Will be there in a week or two.

Not so good.

Sony EX650 is very good.Apart from that you can have a look at Samsung ES5600 and the recently launched F5500, these all are the non 3D models.

aroraanant

Explorer
^^^^
Bro I didn't find it as good as Samsung and Sony, and also philips has sold its tv and unit to a japanese company so now I guess they are just clearing the stock

Minion

Conversation Architect
So Active 3D is with flickering Glasses and Passive 3D is without the flickering glasses right? If this is right, then if i go for a 3D TV, it has to be a passive 3D TV.

1)SAM owns an HX850 you can PM him about his experience about HX850.

2)Nope

3)Philips have very good Picture Quality you can read some reviews about uk models of Philips tvs in techradar or expertreviews only difference between UK and Indian model is lack of ambilight and smart feature.

4)Though EX650 is currently best non 3D tv I would not recommend it its very old model and for 40 inch and more you should consider 3D seriously.

^^^^
Bro I didn't find it as good as Samsung and Sony, and also philips has sold its tv and unit to a japanese company so now I guess they are just clearing the stock

They haven't sold their video products to funaie only audio products They have plan to sell video products on 2017.

OP
S

ssj4karan

Journeyman
Thanks for all your suggestions guys.

I checked out the Philips TV and they don't meet my requirement of 4 HDMI ports, so they are ruled out.

I am gettng inclined towards the 46" segment. So if go for a non 3D version, I think the Sony W700A would be my best bet.
If i go for a 46" 3D TV, It would have to be the new Passive 3D Tv's to be launched by Sony.
If i go for a 40" TV, it would be the Sony HX850.

Right choices?

Minion

Conversation Architect
^Just because a TV set has more HDMI ports shouldn't decide whether or not you buy a set. It should be base on a trustable name, reliability, picture, motion tracking, and personal preference. There's a lot more but those are some basics.

OP
S

ssj4karan

Journeyman
Exactly, My requirement is 4 HDMI ports in a TV.
If a TV cannot give me that, it makes no sense for me to buy it as it does not meet my requirement.

OP
S

ssj4karan

Journeyman
Ok Guys,

I have finally made up my mind and it is down to these 4 choices.
Pls let me know which would be the best overall package.

Sony 47"W800A (Passive 3D) vs Sony 46"W700A (Non 3D) vs Sony 40"HX850 (Active 3D) vs Samsung 46"F6400/6800 (Active 3D)

Am leaning towards the 47"W800A.

Cheers...

Top Bottom