FTV banned in India again?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Apollo

"Technologic"
Staff member
As far as the question of banning soaps goes, we don't have a chance. It's not about what the complaint should look like but more about how many really try to complain. You see, most of us don't realize that the soaps are primarily projected towards a predominantly female audience that don't have much else to see(or maybe they have so much time that they are happy to have those daily dozen soaps coming at them). Those who hate the soaps simply don't have to tune into them, and sadly this is a very small number which counts for nearly nothing when pitted against the soap addicts. Coming back to the banning of FTV, is it a fair call? I don't know. Unless this specific controversial show (Midnight Hot) has been aired in the prime time viewing hours(as opposed to late night), for which the concern of the complaining public is understandable - no one really enjoys having their 'unsuspecting' wards tuning into shows on television that they're not supposed to.

eddie

El mooooo
^ You never saw midnight hot? Oh man you missed some nice stuff :D It didn't come in prime time...midnight hot meant midnight so its obvious that action from the government was really uncalled for and these daily soaps show women in much more derogatory way then any fashion tv stuff. I mean one woman trying to steal another woman's husband...then latter one crying her heart out like some spineless creature and what not. Is this not derogatory? That is how we want our women to be? Or precisely, that is how our "government" want our women to be? We really need "V" from "V for Vendetta" to deal with our current government.

Vyasram

The pWnster
if the govt wants to act as a moral force, they should really take steps to ban the lok sabha tv(violent contents,partial nudity,strong language) they are spoiling the youth with that show

kumarmohit

Technomancer
Seriously man, its easy to ban FTV because in India only a very very small segment watches FTV. Easier said than done, just imagine the crowds of Feminist and women rights activists who would like to give you a 'friendly visit'.

And frankly all of those who are blaming the govt of being the moral police, how many of you have the guts to go and appeal in the court against the ban?

Go to I&B ministry and file an application as per the RTI to know the reason why they banned FTV.

Go directly to SC and file a writ petition that your Fundamental right to freedom of expression has been arm twisted by this act.

Remember that a lot of people still do not have cable connection in India, they still have to watch the Govt propaganda called DD.

abhijit_reddevil

Manchester United
Apollo said:
Originally Posted by The Hindu
In the case of FTV, the action has been taken for airing programmes such as Midnight Hot, featuring "skimpily dressed and semi-naked models."

Such programmes, according to the Ministry, are against good taste and decency, denigrate women and could adversely affect public morality. The ban has been ordered as per Section 20(2) of the Cable Television Networks Regulation Act, 1995.

The action follows complaints to the Ministry by television viewers.
Maybe we should all complaint to the Ministry regarding these daily soaps that we're all so sick of.

WTF!!!Who complained against that channel?:mad:. I used to like midnight hot.:D. Or maybe I ask, why were the complainants staying up so late to watch that channel?

Aberforth

The Internationalist
ambandla said:
they might have showed some sex content

There is no sex content on that show. It is a Fashion channel, not Sex channel.

amitava82 said:
I wonder how these fashion TVs are called so.. I mean the kind of dresses are designed by the designers and shown on the channel, its totally impossible to wear in Public places. I'm not only taking about in India but also in other counties too.. If you can't wear then then whats the use of designing.. What a foolish concept and rubbish designing. total waste of time, money, energy.

Designers test around with concepts and believe it or not, in developed countries people wear designer dresses to parties and social gatherings. And if I were to go grocery shopping, the only thing I'd wear is casuals, that isn't what fashion inductry is about.

blueshift said:
I dont see this channel but why the Government acts like a 'moral police' everytime? Why dont they ban those idiot daily soaps? Is nudity only 'injurious to health'?

Agreed, I wondered if nudity was such a problem why don't they do research in AIIMs so that babies are born wearing burkas? And what do they do about nude street beggars and children running around, who risk getting abused. We live in a sickly hipocritc nation.

digitized said:
WTF!!!Who complained against that channel?:mad:. I used to like midnight hot.:D. Or maybe I ask, why were the complainants staying up so late to watch that channel?

Probably parents who are so IQ challenged that they can't block their children from watching a channel. I have a simpler solution for them, ban cable TV for stupid parents.

amitava82

MMO Addict
Aberforth said:
Designers test around with concepts and believe it or not, in developed countries people wear designer dresses to parties and social gatherings.

I don't have any experience or I've never seen any programs on social gathering (of Developed countries) where women wear those kinds of weired dresses. Of course they do make some good clothes but majority of them failed to cover up females private areas. And if you think appearing half naked in a party or wearing a weired dress which does not suite the party environment, is being social, then believe me its NOT.

Ankur Gupta

Wandering in time...
The Information Ministry is just trying to impose itself...
Otherwise why has the decision come so late...the show is going on from months as far as I have heard..

OP
A

ambandla

Sup' dude, Sup'
hehe.

What about songs in bollywood movies featuring item girls like Rakhi sawant, mallika sherawat?

What about movies like murder, khwaish?

A

ankitsagwekar

it is not good first they ban hbo then axn and now ftv
i think adult film or program must be show in tv but after 11pm there must be no ban for that but if he show adult contain in 7am-10pm there should be ban

OP
A

ambandla

Sup' dude, Sup'
result: we are missing some hot scenes in movies.

Now all movie channels are removing hot scenes in movies. This is really really bad.

A

ankitsagwekar

prasad_den said:
Was banned for the Midnight Hot show... :D :D

can somebody ban star plus for showing kyu ki sas bhi kabhi bahu thi

Aberforth

The Internationalist
amitava82 said:
I don't have any experience or I've never seen any programs on social gathering (of Developed countries) where women wear those kinds of weired dresses. Of course they do make some good clothes but majority of them failed to cover up females private areas. And if you think appearing half naked in a party or wearing a weired dress which does not suite the party environment, is being social, then believe me its NOT.

Yes, how many clothes are there in FTV which were displayed and do not cover private areas?

There are parties and social gatherings where the theme is such that if you go in your tuxedoes you will be quite out of place, the usual crowd wears the kind of clothes shown in FTV. What you believe is irrelevant to the patrons of such parties because that would be their least concern.

Secondly, I know not all of the FTV dresses are wearable but we also know these are concepts, which later merge into practical and party dresses.

ankitsagwekar said:
it is not good first they ban hbo then axn and now ftv
i think adult film or program must be show in tv but after 11pm there must be no ban for that but if he show adult contain in 7am-10pm there should be ban

Actually our government does not like a healthy development of mentality, it would rather have us shouting campaign slogans and vandalising public property during elections.

And forget adult programs, out government has banned two PG-16 level entertainment channels.

Yamaraj

The Lord of Death
amitava82 said:
Cloths do not make us any more social than those without the luxury. Clothing, in fact, harms social values - for it emphasizes on individuality. That's the reason many institutions like schools and the defence forces enforce formal "uniform" clothing.

That aside, fashion shows are merely erotic parades for a certain "elite" class, devoid of the pleasures a common man can have. I don't enjoy the heartless show of skinny anorexic walking skeletons with artificial smile on androgynous faces, but that's just me. Moreover, it's only sexism to praise bare-chested men but chastise women for the same. I think of a human [female] body as a work of art, and you don't cover Monalisa with rags all over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom