Frustrated with Wireless Adapter stopped working. Have to use System Restore each time

srkmish

Ambassador of Buzz
Hi Guys,

Since 3-4 months, sometimes my wireless adapter stops working all of a sudden. When i remove and plug it back in, it doesnt light up and windows says Not able to install software, corrupted or something. Reboot doesn't work, Restarting the wireless adapter service doesnt work. The only thing that works in System restore to previous day when it was functioning.

Nowadays, its occuring very frequently. I have had to do system restore twice in last 24 hours.

Could it be that my adapter is failing? Its only 1.5 years old . Its a Edup mini wireless one.

Neuron

Electronic.
Looks like your driver files are getting corrupted frequently. Could be because of a virus infection or a damaged hard disk. Scan your PC for viruses using avg or avast. If the scan turns out to be clean you will have to get a new hard disk.

OP
srkmish

srkmish

Ambassador of Buzz
I have K7 Anti virus installed, but i dint find any virus on a full scan. Are you saying that hard disk corruption will lead to damaged wireless driver files? Anything else i can try?

Neuron

Electronic.
I have K7 Anti virus installed, but i dint find any virus on a full scan. Are you saying that hard disk corruption will lead to damaged wireless driver files? Anything else i can try?
How old is your PC and your hard disk?

- - - Updated - - -

Meanwhile you can try installing the latest drivers for your adapter from the internet.

Top Bottom