Frustating problem help needed.....any1 there.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

fun_theorem

Right off the assembly line
Hi Everey1,

I had windows 3003 server standard edition installed in C: rest D: and E: had lots of useful data in it (movies, softwares, etc) suddenly one day something went wrong and I was not able to see the contents of my D: and E: whenever I clicked on eighter of the 2 partitions (D and E) it says “Access denied”

I formatted the C: and installed XP Prof but it didn’t solved the problem.

Then I booted the system with another HDD make the problematic HDD as slave, that too didn’t helped.

Then I booted the system with “KNOPPIX LIVE CD” now at least I could see all my files, they are in good condition but I cannot copy them to the other HDD. It "says access denied"

i conducted the check for any bad sectors that too gave positive result.

iam able to create new folders delete the files but “System Volume Information” folder iam not able to open, rename or delete, it says “access denied”

D: and E: partition shows as “NTFS extnd”

Please advice what to do.

Thanks for ur patience in reading such a long post.

praka123

left this forum longback
does those partns locked by admin.u can copy the files using knoppix.for that u need to manually mount those win partns.yeah,knoppix by default mounts partns as read only fear of safety. :) if u want more details.just mention here.

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
Windows 3003? Must be a typo. :D

U r not able to access those partitions coz u don't hv access to it. Right click on the drive and select properties, goto "Security" tab (if its not there, then disable "Simple File Sharing" option in Tools -> Folder Options) and then change the ownership to ur account and enable all access to ur account. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom