From the Editor's Desk

Status
Not open for further replies.

akkies_2000

Journeyman
Here goes the list that I was able to retrace in half an hour.

Jan issue
Page 6: help!!! "regarding out service"
Page 116: Flickr or Flicr
Page 126: you are choose to play as any character
Page 126: While playing the alone isn't necessary

Feb issue
Page 12: We even sae new Android and PC
Page 28: Dark Arisen release date bit
Page 98: Check "Airtel's free facebook" story

There are many more like these and it reflects very badly on Digit. Please get this issue resolved at the earliest and get back to the quality way you guys have been for so many years.

Last edited:

aaruni

The Linux Guy
There was a lucky draw kind of thing in surveys regarding Icons of Trust. A list of winners was also printed in the digit magazine, and it said Prizes to be Announced Soon. So, when exactly ?

*edufor.fosspowered.com/img/image.php?di=RI1G

OP
Raaabo

Raaabo

The Dark Lord
Staff member
Admin
Since a lot of my time goes in replying to email, which still seems the most popular way for readers to communicate with us, I am rarely on here. also for some reason though I'm subscribed to this thread, I get no email updates from it!

However, I still want to address some of the problems.

I hope the typoes have been reduced to almost nothing now.

ADs are always going to be there, sadly. Nothing I can do about that, but special issues have more content pages, and we try and maintain the ad:edit ratio.

For those getting missing pages, or two of the same DVDs in a pack, please make sure to write to help@thinkdigit.com and get a replacement. We will send it to you free of charge.

thetechfreak: I hope the interactive SKOAR! has done away with the small word count for game reviews problem.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
I have never sent an email to the editor, in my whole experience with digit over the last 7-8 years. (Bought every issue from stands). Partly because I never needed to, and partly because of the procrastination. But seriously digit have never given me a chance to say anything. It's constant endeavor to improve have always kept the quality on track.

So I would not miss a chance to write a few words today, particularly since I have received the September issue today. (alas it missed my b'day by a day :p).

Since a lot of my time goes in replying to email, which still seems the most popular way for readers to communicate with us, I am rarely on here. also for some reason though I'm subscribed to this thread, I get no email updates from it!

At the risk of sounding dumb (giving suggestion to the one who 'know it'all), I would like to suggest to try to re-subscribe to this thread. From thread tools above, click Unsubscribe. Then when the thread open again, click, subscribe and select the frequency of notification you want.

I hope the typoes have been reduced to almost nothing now.
I never had problems with typos, as long as those are not in the figures. Like in prices. But from a magazine which have 'digit' in its title, I think a typo in digits would be a hard thing to pull off anyway.

ADs are always going to be there, sadly. Nothing I can do about that, but special issues have more content pages, and we try and maintain the ad:edit ratio.

I have no problem with the ads. You can even put more in it. But, IIF you can shift ads from right side pages to the left sides. You know... since it would help. (How? I would leave it to reader's discretion. Hint: Reading experience.)

For those getting missing pages, or two of the same DVDs in a pack, please make sure to write to help@thinkdigit.com and get a replacement. We will send it to you free of charge.

With the bull**** MTNL grievance center (do they even have one?), I am living with no "broadband" for 4 days now. So, the DVD's would occupy me for a few days, exploring Visual Studio 2013, playing 12 free games and the interactive Skoar edition!

A few notes on the magazine itself:
I wish I had this fast track on PC Hardware before I upgraded to Core i5-4570 last week. [And I would like to take this chance to boast about my upgrade since 7 years from a Pen 4 system (later AMD E350n for few months). So I have accompanied i5 with MSI H87M G43, and a 1 TB WD HDD. I would soon like to give my new born PC a fresh makeover by installing an SSD, right after I increase the graphics capability by adding a dGPU. :D]

I have noticed more editor type articles in the mag. Seems a good read. Regular articles cover wide range of topics from Android to PC and everything in between. Tips and Tricks section is as always informative. Zoop app is nothing more than a QR code scanner. (far from Augmented Reality, that excited me). And, MFD comparison could have a little budget models. Like in the range 3-7k.

So, that's it for my quick review on a short look of the Sep edition. :)

PS: We hope, digit follows the "Don't be evil" motto, since the Chip magazine declared to shut down. :|

Last edited:
OP
Raaabo

Raaabo

The Dark Lord
Staff member
Admin
Hey vyom,

We weren't evil before and won't be now, though we might come across as evil to some companies from time to time, but only with truth and fact based articles.

Apparently the subject line was marked as spam for me :( so figured that one out. Anyway I use tapatalk now from an iPad, so it's a little easier to keep track, but I must find my keyboard quick. All these long posts I'm making on the darn touchscreen are getting irritating fast!

Ads will usually be on the right. It's a mentality I have tried to change with advertisers and failed miserably. They demand an RHS, and in fact all want ads in the beginning pages only. I'm fed up of trying to tell people that context is better, for example, you're selling a stupid laptop in your ad, allow me to put it in the laptops section, or in the bazaar section, where it will be more relevant, instead of in the first few pages within the news section, but no, who can explain that to an ad agency, who want to go running to their account and say "See, we got your ad to appear in the first 20 pages!"

It's also why most readers think the magazine is full of ads, because for the first 40 pages you see content-ad-content-ad... being repeated. This gives the impression that "half the mag is ads" where as we maintain a minimum 4:1 and more often 5:1 edit:ad ratio, sadly, by the time you reach page 50 you don't realise all the ads have dried up now, because you're too pissed at the 20 ads in the first 45 pages. I give up on that aspect, so I hope you guys can live with it.

OP
Raaabo

Raaabo

The Dark Lord
Staff member
Admin
I'm thinking either December or January, so possible this year or next.

Subhankar Mondal

I love Digit
I am glad to see u Robert smith sir in forum for the first time.
can we interact here?
WITH DIGIT U PROVIDE DEMO GAMES.
BUT I CAN NOT INSTALL MOST OF THOSE GAMES.
I want to learn formating c-drive of my PC.
Sir Robert when I post something in forum, and get a reply ,
I do not get any notification in my email id. What to do ?
my email= ...................@gmail.com

CTC - click to continue!

Hi Guys,

I just thought there should be one place on this forum where you can get direct, no-nonsense answers straight from the Editor. Suggestions, queries and more welcome here.

Please don't post troubleshooting or generic questions here, this is only for those who want to ask questions about the content that Digit provides, the direction Digit's headed in, suggestions for upcoming issues, www.thinkdigit.com, etc.

1.WHO ARE ADMIN/MANAGER/ GOVERNING BODY IN FORUM?
2.IS THERE ANY POSSIBILITY TO MAKE PERSONAL FRIENDSHIP HERE?
3.I can not get digit magazine within first week.
4. why do u provide same softwares [repeatedly] in every cd-s?
put new and more useful softwares plz.
5. I do not like advertisements in ur magazine.
linally I want to say that digit is my most favourite magazine.
plz keep our requests and views which u do truly.

Last edited:

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
I am glad to see u Robert smith sir in forum for the first time.
can we interact here?
WITH DIGIT U PROVIDE DEMO GAMES.
BUT I CAN NOT INSTALL MOST OF THOSE GAMES.
Most probably your PC can't handle the games. Is you PC age old?
I want to learn formating c-drive of my PC.
That means you want to Re-install the OS. Just take backup of everything, insert the OS disc, and boot from it. If you face problem, create a thread in Software section.
Sir Robert when I post something in forum, and get a reply ,
I do not get any notification in my email id. What to do ?
my email= ****.***@gmail.com
Just unsubscribe from this thread, and re subscribe with instant email notification enabled.
Don't post your email here. This is a public forum. Edit your post, and remove it.

1.WHO ARE ADMIN/MANAGER/ GOVERNING BODY IN FORUM?
Refer this page: Show Groups - Digit Technology Discussion Forum [Quick Links -> View Site Leaders]
2.IS THERE ANY POSSIBILITY TO MAKE PERSONAL FRIENDSHIP HERE?
This is not facebook. :p
3.I can not get digit magazine within first week.
Write an email to helpdesk ID of digit. Refer magazine for ID's.
4. why do u provide same softwares [repeatedly] in every cd-s?
put new and more useful softwares plz.
I dont have digit authority, but from my experience, the same software you are talking about are the necessary ones which don't take much space and which are way too essentials, to not include them.Besides, not every person buy every issue.
5. I do not like advertisements in ur magazine.
Refer this post, Raaabo have explained it in a very good manner. *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/feedback/123086-editors-desk-15.html#post2001243
If you still don't get it, that's your problem.

linally I want to say that digit is my most favourite magazine.
plz keep our requests and views which u do truly.

Replies in dark green. :)
PS: I represent no representative of digit. And views expressed here are strictly my own personal views.
PS2: Writing in CAPS is equivalent to shouting online. So keep that in mind.

flyingcow

Shibe
I think its time you change that boring ios-type of interface from the discs. Reusing that thing from years, seems like a cheap move..

Subhankar Mondal

I love Digit
Replies in dark green. :)
PS: I represent no representative of digit. And views expressed here are strictly my own personal views.
PS2: Writing in CAPS is equivalent to shouting online. So keep that in mind.

Many thanks for details reply.
I am new in forum, kindly forgive my mistakes.
I have deleted my email id from above .
Please teach me to install the games in digit cd-s. my pc is new and supports everything.
still I dont know how to install most of the games which are in CD-1+2...

Many thanks for details reply.
I am new in forum, kindly forgive my mistakes.
I have deleted my email id from above .
Please teach me to install the games in digit cd-s. my pc is new and supports everything.
still I dont know how to install most of the games which are in CD-1+2...

The games included are Steam games. You need to install Steam first to play those games. The instructions are included with the games.

Subhankar Mondal

I love Digit
The games included are Steam games. You need to install Steam first to play those games.

Plz post links for streams .I saw no option to download anything.
I want to play all games in the skoar dvd[ provided with digit mag].

arijitsinha

﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿ O'RLY?
I am not getting one part..

I am not a subscriber now,

If I opt for this offer, shall I get the magazines + DVD + Fast track? or only the magazine? and for which month I will get them?

There might be some catch. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom