From the Editor's Desk

Status
Not open for further replies.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
@ritvij Email to readersletters [@] thinkdigit.com or editor [@] thinkdigit.com with a appropriate Subject. If digit thinks its good enough they might publish it :wink:

r4gs

In the zone
i believe the iphone 4s had already been reviewed in the mobile phone test in this month's mag.

By all means send in your review to any of the above mentioned email ids though. Who know, maybe you can start writing regularly. We are always looking for fresh recruits. :)

ritvij

rated R
i believe the iphone 4s had already been reviewed in the mobile phone test in this month's mag.

By all means send in your review to any of the above mentioned email ids though. Who know, maybe you can start writing regularly. We are always looking for fresh recruits. :)

i read it but it was very short, i mean only a paragraph that too just outline..:(
i am currently in XII and the review is based on my experience with the handset.. I am mailing it now, if you guys like it.. great.. but if not please suggest some improvements!! :oops::oops::oops:

pramudit

Gaming hardcore
is digit price increased or march edition is a special edition??
(dont know if its correct place to ask)

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
From when has March become a month for a special edition? Rs. 250 for only a extra dvd is way too high in my opinion.

Edit: it's Rs.200. Acceptable price for now

Last edited:

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
A bit of feedback from my side. Although I could have posted directly on th feedback thread but wanted to post it here.
1) The cover story by Siddharth Parwatay is one the best articles I have read for a long ling time. All the sub headings were very very well explained and written. There was a touch of everything it seems. Hacktivism, attention seekers, etc. Literally just about everything. Ok the map of the world was a bit confusion but yes it was good. Overall just an amazing article.

2) I think it's time you make major changes on how reviews are written. Atleast cell phone reviews that feature so many featured packed phones need change.
Rather than only grouping the phones only in budget. I think they should have a bit it space only for themselves.
Take for example the iPhone 4s. It was awarded the Editors pick. Not that I have any complaints with it I'd like to say that the ammount written about the phone was very less. I will be quoting you guys how you wrote- *
Everyone thought it would be the iPhone 5. And what emerged was the iPhone 4s. And it definitely wasn't the completely new iPhone people were expecting.*
The processor however with the Apple *A5 dual core clocking at 1 GHz. Minimum storage available is 16 gb as opposed to 8 gb earlier. The camera has been bumped to 8 mp with 1080p HD video recording capability. While the 4s arrived in India not long after the global launch, what went against it was the price.
Printed in page- 101. February 2012.*

A very good introductory part. But as you guys had conducted a review there was JUST NOTHING on how the actual performance of the phone is. On how iOS works better or worse. This phone was launched with a lot of noise with it and most readers would be quite eager to read about it irrespective of whether you had already reviewed it earlier or not.*
So I think each phone should have it's own space in the form of a paragraph below it's name which should be *subheadings.*
Please don't take me wrong with this. But as a loyal reader felt I had to directly say it to you.*

Then again on the last paragraph it was written*
Also the improved camera optics and improvements in iOS 5 worked in favor of iPhone 4s which was awarded the Editors pick
again nothing much written about it. *

How about printing photos taken from the test phones? Since too much printing will make costs higher you can print only the photo of test scene from the best of camera performers and another from the more average or lower performance.*

3) Thanks a lot for the videos of CES Vegas. Absolutely lived them. I think vids of event that team digit can't visit personally but are significant should also be included. *

4) also liked the devworx section a lot. The buyers guide regarding Smart TV was also nice.*

5) FT to Networking was again very good. I think it has helped many people and solved many queries.*

I think I hav given enough feedback for now. Wanted to post a response for the letter of the month but will do it at a later time :)

pramudit

Gaming hardcore
sir can we please have a fast track on DIY projects or on Blender....? holidays are ariving so many people would like to try them..... i know digit had done a DIY ft in june 2010 but there are many projects which you people can choose and amaze us with some cool things....

OP
Raaabo

Raaabo

The Dark Lord
Staff member
Admin
Hello Raaabo!
I had a suggestion for an article/monthly section/fast track/forum threads:
DIY to bring back Old/Outdated gadgets we have at our home...

Yes we did articles like that before. We can look into a refresher again in a DIY section. Might be a laugh to do as well :)

2) I think it's time you make major changes on how reviews are written.

The rest of your post should have been in the feedback section for the month, as it pertained specifically to that month. Thank you for the feedback though.

As for reviews, yes, we're going to try and publish more indepth individual reviews. The problem is space in magazines are expensive. We will try and make up for it by putting video reviews of a few products in the DVD, and perhaps 1 or 2 more pages for really good products. Personally, the 4S was a little disappointing, and deserved no more space than it got :)

sir can we please have a fast track on DIY projects or on Blender....? holidays are ariving so many people would like to try them..... i know digit had done a DIY ft in june 2010 but there are many projects which you people can choose and amaze us with some cool things....

We are planning more DIY articles, yes. However, about blender, I don't know. I think the forum would be a better place for people to start such DIYs. For the magazine and Fast Track, we always have to try and look at our entire readership, and what they'd like. We do some niche stories and FTs from time to time, but something tells me Blender DIYs would be a little too niche.

Other members feel free to vote and shout me into submission if I'm wrong. If a majority of people here want it, I'm willing to change my mind.

ritvij

rated R
As for reviews, yes, we're going to try and publish more indepth individual reviews. The problem is space in magazines are expensive. We will try and make up for it by putting video reviews of a few products in the DVD, and perhaps 1 or 2 more pages for really good products. Personally, the 4S was a little disappointing, and deserved no more space than it got :)

:cry::cry: sorry raaabo sir, but digit has never let personal views affect any review of a gadget.. that's why i read digit, for unbiased content. But what was written in the mad about the 4s was only 7 lines and that too mentioned that it is disappointment. it should deserve at least half a page if possible or even seven lines are enough if you provide the good and bad about it but all that was written was that it is a disappointment over the iPhone 4. that's my view on it..:|

Tech&ME

Banned
Raaabo Sir,

Would like to bring to your notice about the Digit YouTube Channel.

Some videos appear jagged. See the below screenshot. [ tested with IE, Chrome, Safari on Windows 7 ]

*i1130.photobucket.com/albums/m525/tech2me/digittv.jpg
Could you look into the matter...

swa

Right off the assembly line
hi Raaabo

would like to give some feed back--->

there are rarely any content for MAC users...n so is the case with the dvd content...
and there is absolutely no content for windows x64 users
do include them also!
rest...the dvd contents are not very useful
the game demos and full free games are worthless..plus most of the dvd's space is covered with huge video file's size...please improve these contents!
For the Fast Tracks it looks like a reflection of wikipedia!
seems digit is out of Tech-writers?
sheer disappointment at times :(
they ain't seem to get interesting while reading em..
secondly,
have seen DVD's quoting a boastful title stating "so and so" GiGs of video and games...please do not quantify it in terms of file size...and please please provide stuffs for 64 bit systems...
btw
i use MAC PRO (12 core processor) can you please publish articles pertaining to how can i make the most out of it?i basically use it for video editing and supermassive gaming using bootcamp!
am a subscriber since last couple of years,
and never came up with any such article :(
it would sound professional if digit's article resonate with upcoming technologies and tech trends...
have read MIT's technology review...why cant digit produce such intricating yet lucid interesting articles?
hope it reflects in future issues!
btw
must say, i really like the way digit is campaigning for the app-developers and appreciating them..you ppl motivating and driving them in a good sense :)
"super-like" for that :)
keep up the good work

Ayuclack

*qwich.in
Yeh Same With Me Cant Get Any Thing For Mac In The DVD ...

Please Try To Add Some iMovies And Aperture Tutorial In The Mag and Other other Soft For 64 Bit Windows 7 !!!

Please ...You Guys Rock !!

swa

Right off the assembly line
FAST TRACK series going tooo boring!
please roll out interesting topics
DIGIT has been losing its charm :(

CommanderShawnzer

Steam High Templar
hi,Raaabo sir
some feedback/suggestions
  • you guys should add pdf's of fastracks of recent(like FT's of past 3 months) previous issues in you digit dvd's.fastracks are very educating and for people like me who can't get digit regurarly we miss out on good fastracks like the one on nanotechnology
  • i loved the new format of rig config's in the section "DIGIT Killer rigs"
  • make skoar! a regular feature(or provide skoar issues every alternate month)
keep up the good work!

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
//MOD:

Tech discussions deleted. This is for Digit Feedback. Doomgiver, there was no need for you to reply here. Next time, ask a MOD to create an splinter cell, if you really have the urge to reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom