French fighter planes grounded by computer virus

Status
Not open for further replies.

icekid

Broken In
*www.defenceaviation.com/2009/02/french-fighter-planes-grounded-by.html

The aircraft were unable to download their flight plans after databases were infected by a Microsoft virus they had already been warned about several months beforehand.

At one point French naval staff were also instructed not to even open their computers.

Microsoft had warned that the "Conficker" virus, transmitted through Windows, was attacking computer systems in October last year, but according to reports the French military ignored the warning and failed to install the necessary security measures.

I still don't get it!! Even the world's defence forces depend on Microsoft.. Why don't they just move to linux...

P.S: The virus spread through personal laptops so they couldn't upload the mission data. I have no idea what French Airforce main computers run on though...

kin.vachhani

Dreaming Future
imagine the figher plan in a dog fight and at the time of pressing fire...the screen shows "u dont have administration privilege..Please login as administrator"...lol

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
*www.defenceaviation.com/2009/02/french-fighter-planes-grounded-by.htmlI still don't get it!! Even the world's defence forces depend on Microsoft.. Why don't they just move to linux...

P.S: The virus spread through personal laptops so they couldn't upload the mission data. I have no idea what French Airforce main computers run on though...

Is it the fault of Microsoft that even after warning them long time back & giving them an update patch long back, French Aviation didn't apply it?

Blame everything on MS....yeah, right

hellgate

At Hell's Disq
ppl just dont leave a chance to bash MS even though they'll use MS products with glee day in & day out.

vaithy

In the zone
Thanks for admitting that it is the MS users who are bashing MS !! Perhaps their personal experience with MS is speaking loud!! I have seen a hardware guy who bash Linux even with out seeing the single boot screen..Because that is what they teach them in their class room...

CadCrazy

in search of myself
Few days back this conficker even attacked our company servers and chocked the whole network.

And yeah Linux FTW
Windows = Wiruses and Worms :D

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
^^Walruses
*latimesblogs.latimes.com/photos/uncategorized/2008/05/30/pacific_walrus_chill_in_alaska_with.jpg

Bhala in daaton ka kya use ?

OP
icekid

icekid

Broken In
I just got the magazine.. And I couldn't believe my post on this forum was published. But you guys should used a different photo. If you have asked me I would have suggested different Dasualt Raffale (the french fighter) photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom