Freeware wishlist....

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
-A free layout software comparable to quark or indesign
-At least 10 more operating systems, on the lines of Linux, but each built using different considerations from the ground up

angie

At last the devil is here
a software in which if we put random alphabets, it will make a valid word from them
eg. if we put gdiit it will give 'digit' and other combos....

a software in which if we put random alphabets, it will make a valid word from them
eg. if we put gdiit it will give 'digit' and other combos....
You mean anagram?

Coz you can write a java program to produce anagrams (will be really complicated, but possible)

---------- Post added at 07:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:51 AM ----------

I started this thread.. who wants to know whether there is any freeware that suffice one's need.

My Wish List...

1. Comprehensive RAR,ZIP and other Archive repair program...(In my computer, WinRAR only repairs some files)

2. Data Recovery Tool

3. DVD player with maximum tweakability. I find Cyberlink delivering most colorful images and Compatibility with DTS and Dolby and include 30FPS video playback for every DVD disk.

that's it for now..
Recuva, 7zip, and MPC are enough IMO

duh

Broken In
The best data recovery tools are actually "Free Softwares".
dd_rescue, TestDisk & Photorec are the ones I use.

---------- Post added at 08:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:53 AM ----------

That is not possible. GBs to MBs (if you mean 1GB to 900MB :D or a file with nothing at all i.e. just spaces or just single repeated character are doable). The files I have seen KGB compressed magically (the office 2007 in 1MB and others) were actually corrupted (i.e. did not contain the actual data).

Even 7-zip can compress great if modes are used wisely.

---------- Post added at 09:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:58 AM ----------

I don't know much about DVDs, but have you tried SMPlayer?
squashfs-lzma -> 25% size i.e. 1024 MB -> 256 hey it fits on a business card CD ;-)
and smplayer ? yes these cds and [adult - kidding] movies.
my wishlist? will be Mathematica, it is "Teh" yes "Teh" and not "the" $hit, if you are into math stuffs. i want it for free. i dont like other huge price tag softies for math and octave is jizz slow compared to mathematica.
i would like mathematica x.x till eternity for free, and i am not speaking of mathematica player. its sucks. i need the beef.

---------- Post added at 09:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:46 PM ----------

^
Internet Anagram Server / I, Rearrangement Servant : anagram, anagram, software, anagramme, anagrama, wordplay, word play, anagram creator, anagram solver, anagram finder, anagram generator, anagram maker, anagram unscrambler, anagram machine, crossw

kanagram in kde?
wordplay.
they do the same.:C_perplex:

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
My freeware list:
Awesome video editor like Adobe Premiere and Sony Vegas.

An OS, with the user friendliness of Windows, and Security of Linux :)
I know, asking much!

Top Bottom