freeware usage - user expected to complete online offer

patkim

Cyborg Agent
I have forgotten password for one of my zip files, have tried various combinations by stretching my memory but no luck..I tried downloading and installing a freeware free zip-rar password recovery.

To my surprise it asks to complete some online offer before a license can be activated. I am supposed to go to some third party website as opened by this program to complete some offer (most likely some online buying, looks like) and in the meantime in the original window it seems to be checking the completion of this activity and claims that the license shall be activated upon completion of that offer!!

I suspect this way to be some kind of fake software or some malicious code. Comodo anti virus scan does not report anything though.

Has anyone noticed / faced such a thing (like online offer etc) with freeware usage?

Is there any software that can recover zip password? Thx.

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
have noticed such softwares on facebook where one has to complete a survey in order to see my profile visitors :mrgreen:...
you shouldn't trust those software in my opinion...
for password recovery: that is very difficult & even more so if your password was complicated but you can find such software by a little googling or go to softpedia.com, download.cnet.com, filehippo.com.... I am sure they will have what you're looking for

Top Bottom