free uploading on ortel broadband plans in orissa !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Davidboon

In the zone
yes its true, ortel a leading cable tv provider in orissa is providing free uploading on its 512 kbps plan.
it's broadband plan rates start from rs 150/pm .
so happy uploading for ortel users in orissa.

but what we need is free downloading !!!

Lucky_star

Still Shining!
I have an Ortel DSL connection since 3 years. There upload speed is 11 KBps on a 256 kbps connection and 32 KBps(256 kbps) on a 512 kbps connection. There upload speed is roughly half the download speed. My friend has a 1 mbps connection and he gets 512 kbps upload speed.

to the OP, uploading is free everywhere, I think...

Last edited:

go4saket

I have an Ortel DSL connection since 3 years. There upload speed is 11 KBps on a 256 kbps connection and 32 KBps(256 kbps) on a 512 kbps connection. There upload speed is roughly half the download speed. My friend has a 1 mbps connection and he gets 512 kbps upload speed.

to the OP, uploading is free everywhere, I think...

I too have an Ortel connection as a backup connection and frankly speaking, it SUCKS bigtime. Upload speed on a 256 Kbps is not more than 5-6 KBps and the download speed also never crossed 18-20 KBps.

Moreover, uploading is not free with every company, bot with BSNL broadband atleast...

biswadeepmishra

Right off the assembly line
yes its true, ortel a leading cable tv provider in orissa is providing free uploading on its 512 kbps plan.
it's broadband plan rates start from rs 150/pm .
so happy uploading for ortel users in orissa.

but what we need is free downloading !!!
I am from Bhubaneswar
the problem with ortel is their network and speed.
they are still at 256kbps speed !
and minimum charge for 512kbps plan is Rs.899 !!!
regarding uploading, ortel users well know how difficult it is to upload a 1MB file, leave apart 1MB, if you could properly upload a few kbs properly, its working gr8.
and also, its not new, this was there since its inception. advertisement is done now !

moreover, i had it 2 yrs back but it was aweful. its speeds never went more than 100kbps.
but with BSNL 500C+ plan(Rs 600 per month), my speeds touch 1.99Mbps also !

of late, news is there that Ortel is going to upgrade its infrastructure at Bhubaneswar and make it such that its plans will range from minimum 1Mbps to maximum 20 Mbps.
I will switch to it as soon as it happens. But i dont thing it will be done so soon !
and moreover, it would turn costlier !

OP
Davidboon

Davidboon

In the zone
of late, news is there that Ortel is going to upgrade its infrastructure at Bhubaneswar and make it such that its plans will range from minimum 1Mbps to maximum 20 Mbps.
I will switch to it as soon as it happens. But i dont thing it will be done so soon !
and moreover, it would turn costlier !

Thanx for the news Biswadeep . lets see if ortel makes it happen . :rolleyes:

confused!!

It's true Im not confused
2-3 yrs back when I was in Orissa,during my college days I used to do Internet through Dial up connection..was getting a bimonthly bill of around 3500/-LOL

biswadeepmishra

Right off the assembly line
20mbps? Stop dreaming
i said mate...its just a news from an Internal source.
and they are to upgrade their infrastructure.

maybe a first in India.
coz, they are first in India to allow free uploading in all Plans

it may take few years but it will happen !

Liverpool_fan

Sami Hyypiä, LFC legend
i said mate...its just a news from an Internal source.
and they are to upgrade their infrastructure.

maybe a first in India.
coz, they are first in India to allow free uploading in all Plans

it may take few years but it will happen !

I would be very happy if my Orissa is the first place in India to get this broadband penetration.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom