• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
Gigacore

Gigacore

Dreamweaver
I said the below OSes are almost linux..... I didn't say all are linux.... Read properly!!!!!!!!

eddie

El mooooo
^ Don't know much about them but looks like they are alive again. Especially when we consider that they made a stable release just last month and a news letter on 1st May talking about Roadmap to their next release. I had also read somewhere (on Wikipedia maybe?) that they were dead sometime back.

T

thunderbird.117

eddie said:
^ Don't know much about them but looks like they are alive again. Especially when we consider that they made a stable release just last month and a news letter on 1st May talking about Roadmap to their next release. I had also read somewhere (on Wikipedia maybe?) that they were dead sometime back.
*www.reactos.org/en/about_roadmap.html

mehulved said:
Why would anyone try Solaris 8 now? With Opensolaris 10 freely available. I have tried FreeBSD and it's variants, ReactOS and darwin. Well couldn't even get darwin to install cos of a couple of problems. ReactOS never worked cos it didn't support USB mouse :(
FreeBSD is just great but haven't messed around with it much yet.
ReactOS 0.4 - alpha

USB keyboard and mouse support

Last edited by a moderator:

kumarmohit

Technomancer
ReactOS was never dead. They were just migrating to SVN from the CVS repository so releases were slowed. For more info you can visit the irc channel or subscribe to newsletter.

As for being linux like, Intel_Gigacore reactos is not even linux like, the only similarity is both are FOSS. ReactOS is almost Windows, not Linux.

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
I don't think any of them are like linux. Most are *nix like and a couple others like ReactOS(windows), FreeDOS(DOS) and quite different.

anantkhaitan

Burning Bright
Has anyone tried Hurd ?
The best thing about it is that it is a GNU kernel.. I wanna try that
No GNU/Linux rather complete GNU OS

freebird

Debian Rocks!
Hurd must evolve more.btwn Debian GNU/Hurd is available.check their site @ *debian.org also the hardware support is very minimal :(

OP
Gigacore

Gigacore

Dreamweaver
Guys please PM more links and i will add to the list.. Please support to make this thread go sticky. Support me.... support Open Source

^^Sabayon Linux Added

Last edited:
T

thunderbird.117

You should have added the source :- *www.freeos.com/download.php

This is not your own complied list. Least you can do is add the source in your thread.

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
Or you can simply point to distrowatch it lists all these and more along with their home page reviews and more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom