Free good sync software

stellar

Journeyman
Hi
I need a good free sync software to back up my data from PC to pendrive.Is there any good and ano lomitation sync software. i am using windows 7.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Here's another two ;-)

SyncToy 2.1
Download Details - Microsoft Download Center - SyncToy 2.1

Allwaysync - free for personal use ;-)
Allway Sync: Free Software Downloads, Free File Synchronization, Backup, Data Replication, PC Sync Software, Freeware, File Sync, Data Synchronization Software

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ But that's not a freeware app ( correct me if I'm wrong ) and OP wants to use some free app and this thread is also in Freeware section ;-)

abhidev

Human Spambot
sync as in if i hv 2 hard drives....and i want to merge the data of both the hard drives such that both of them have the same data...then can this freefilesync be used???

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Sure. Say drive1 has files a,b,c,d and drive2 has e,f,g,h. You can sync such that both drives will have all the 8 files.

abhidev

Human Spambot
nice...coz i wanted to sync movies from a frnds hard drive....but one more question...this s/w follows a hierarchy right?

abhidev

Human Spambot
i mean if i want to sync file from 2 diff locations....to sync files both locations should have same hierarchy too right...like if i want to sync movies as follows...
loc1 --> D:/movies/english/action
loc2 -->C:/movies/english/action

so it wont happen that if i specify just the parent directory and it will sync all the movies in that parent directory without following any hierarchy...like
loc1 -->D:/movies/english/action
loc2 -->C:/movies/english/

abhidev

Human Spambot
ya that's what I am saying....as per the example given...it will happen that 'action' folder will be copied from loc1 to loc2....right....and what I am asking is i hv 2 directories and i just want to sync the files contained in that directory and sub-directories irrespective of the hierarchy....got it?

Top Bottom