Free Domain ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

theraven

Technomancer
lol
nope i dun think u can get a .com for free :)
if that was the case then there wouldnt be any domain registrations required
ur options are limited to what g4inet said
o and thanks g4inet i needed some of those myself

OP
A

aakash

Broken In
Now can anybody tell me how can I get a STABLE subdomain which gives me cgi access, ftp support and above 15 MB webspace. I think i would use DOT.TK and the subdoimain to get my job done. NOTE ::: Freeservers is a good subdomain provider but it doesn't provide FTP support !

go4inet

In the zone
aakash said:
Now can anybody tell me how can I get a STABLE subdomain which gives me cgi access, ftp support and above 15 MB webspace. I think i would use DOT.TK and the subdoimain to get my job done. NOTE ::: Freeservers is a good subdomain provider but it doesn't provide FTP support !

hmm... no one gives u the access for cgi ... man why dont u spend some 500 - 1000 bucks and get ur self a domain and space ?

khandu

In the zone
I will tell u THE BEST SITES!!!

For free Domain : www.freedomain.co.nr (a .CO.NR domain -- no popups/ads except a button)

Free webspace : *www.lf3h.com/ or www.lfhost.com ( a small google ad on top) it gives everything from FTP /PHP/SQL etc...

Telling u by experience... these r good.. aleast for being free.. :p

I used many like lfhost, quickfox, triopd, collo, dot.tk, cjb.net , spaceports, geocities, webfreespace.. lists n lists of them.. :)

go4inet

In the zone
shadowdm said:
what abt brinkster... I am not sure if it supports FTP though. It's one of the few which supports asp code.

Brinkster has stopped providing the free services.. u have to pay even for their 30 MB storage & old customers are still available...

i mean the old members can still host their sites free !

tuxfan

Technomancer
I can give a free domain if you take hosting from me :).

Anyway, in my opinion, even if you get a free domain you should never go for it. It is not expensive. A .info domain is about US $ 5 per year. A .com for about US $ 12 (or may be even less!!). Its not expensive. Go for it. Then there are plenty of free or paid hosting options to suit your needs.

You may opt for a free hosting, but please don't opt for a free domain.

tuxfan

Technomancer
But ensure that the domain is registered in your name. These guys sometime registeres it in their own name and then ultimately controls your site. In case of any dispute with them, you lose not only your site, but your emails, client, goodwill and lot of other things.

It is safer to register the domain name on your own or thru someone known to be reliable, even if you have to pay a little more. Then change the DNS as per the requirement of servers.

OP
A

aakash

Broken In
Thank you all of you guys for the co-operation you have given. I am really thankful to you even if you answers didn't prove to be fruitful to me. Thanks you once again and I am hoping to get some more fresh answers.

OP
A

aakash

Broken In
hey can anyone tell me an address which is not redirected? The domaindlx domain is redirected. I want such address which are not REDIRECTED

OP
A

aakash

Broken In
hey this galachost.com does not exist. I visited all this sites but i am not satisfied with anything. Can you guys tell me some more. Please !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom