FPS

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyberzook

Journeyman
I wanted to know commands/tricks&tips to see the fps I am getting in the following games..
Doom3
HL2
NFS UG2
NFS MW
UT 2003
UT 2004
POP 2 thrones
Far Cry

abhijit_reddevil

Manchester United
I can only tell about Half-life 2, just bring up the console by the '~' key (you can enable that in the advanced control options) and type 'cl_showfps 1' and enter. Now the game will show the FPS while playing.

Regarding Doom3, you can do the benchmark by the default timedemo, it will show the average FPS you can get throughout the game. But I forgot the command for showing the real-time FPS.

Just bring up the console by 'CTRL + ALT + ~' and type 'timedemo demo1' and enter.

deathvirus_me

Wise Old Owl
I wanted to know commands/tricks&tips to see the fps I am getting in the following games..
Doom3
HL2
NFS UG2
NFS MW
UT 2003
UT 2004
POP 2 thrones
Far Cry

Well for any game .... use Fraps ....

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
^True but thats utterly by a very small amount and as such wont affect the overall gameplay in a huge manner.Apart from that its the best to record in game Frame rates at a constant rate.

spikygv

Wise Old Owl
it wont make a big difference. if u want to be tooooooooo accurate , try getting a framerate reader . also , i know doom3 has inbuilt mechanism for reading fps . there's a thread on agp texture accel in the Qna . its given there . try it.
But other games , all i know is fraps.
But i dont think it makes such a BIG diff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom