Not open for further replies.

ArZuNeOs

In the zone
Guys this may sound silly...But I am confused & Afraid

My Hdd has 5 partitions

total 120 GB

C: 10 gb NTFS where core of windows
D: 10 GB NTFS Where program Files
E: 30 GB FAT 32 Where backup of my office files (12.08 GB used)
F: 30 GB FAT32 Songs Wallpapers & Softwares (8.06 GB used)
G: 40 GB NTFS Movies & Cds & Backup (28.56 GB used)

Now the scandisk always runs when i start Windows Xp Pro

So I decided to do the following With Ur Help

1) Can I delete the old partition table Without loss of data & reallocate them with 5,10,100 gb all NTFS Or

2) Atleast take care of FAT 32 to NTFS & Join them
..in other words convert E & F to ntfs & create E as 60 GB again Without loss of Data

3) Can i be able to do the formatting stuff Using the other computer & through Windows

Is the above possible ?????

Reply soon guys

assasin

Banned
Try Partition Magic 8.It'll solve most of ur probs but u'll loose data if u delete the old partition table.

Manshahia

Resident Fanatic
Y dont u buy a DVD writer and take backup of everything. It wud take around 5 or 6 DVD's using 8gb per DVD and then format the whole drive, do the partitions again.

wizrulz

GUNNING DOWN TEAMS
neogopu said:
1) Can I delete the old partition table Without loss of data & reallocate them with 5,10,100 gb all NTFS
>>>There will be loss of data

neogopu said:
2) Atleast take care of FAT 32 to NTFS & Join them
..in other words convert E & F to ntfs & create E as 60 GB again Without loss of Data
>>>U can convert both FAT32 to NTFS w/o loss of data ...but cannot join them as it will agian mean deleting old partition....

neogopu said:
3) Can i be able to do the formatting stuff Using the other computer & through Windows
>>formatting can be done thru other comp whenu connect ur HDD to it

[/QUOTE]

Third Eye

gooby pls
@neogopo: First back your E and F data to a DVD or Old HDD if you want to combine them.

Last edited:

wizrulz

GUNNING DOWN TEAMS
assasin said:
Wizrulz u can join 2 HDD patitions without any loss of data.Parititon Magic 8 does dat trick.

If that did it for u then i guess lucky one...or had a lucky day.....most members will agree that its not 100% that it will not give loss of data...so taking a backup is adviced ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom