Formatting My Harddisk...!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

vipul

Broken In
How much time i can format my harddisk...????

upto here i formatted it many times but i dont faced any problem but now i heard that many time formatting cause disastor...for harddisk

can u help me?? :? :? :? :roll:

yehmeriidhain

In the zone
OMG! how many times do people need this answer ...

OK! let it be once again .. :oops: man! it hardly matters how many times U format ur harddisk .... so just dunt be bothered abt this issue ..

& b/w there R some existing threads ... U can have a look at them ..search them .

gud LUCK .. dunt worry! .. keep formatting :D

theraven

Technomancer
o cr@p not this again !

a quick format removes the entries of the files from the table
a full format removes the file as well
both of the above do not cause any harm to your disk

another type of formatting is Low Level Format ..
this can cause physical damage to your hdd
it is the initial format ur hdd goes thru during manufacturing before it gets to u
i can explain this but allwyndlima has done a good job here
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=15105

pradeep_chauhan

Cyborg Agent
Sorry I beg to disagree a ful format does not remove the files from the disk it just rewrites the sector boundaries. The data is alwase there that the reson there are some softwares that can recover data even from a full formatted disk.

xyz-abc-78

Broken In
U can format the HDD Till ur broken that.

Hey buddy,

one thing, u does a full format repeatedly it may affect the life time of HDD.

If u want u format the disk do a quick format. if neccessary, this is my best advice.

Dont try low level format, definitely it affect the life time of HDD.

theraven

Technomancer
full format doesnt affect the life of an hdd

i have proof
i go for these classes and they have pc's which are ancient i must tell u
and they still work
and they take abt 2 reinstallations per week at a minimum !
so be careful what u advice
@pradeep i got that info after checkin
normal recovery software cannot recover data from a full formatted disc u need professional data recovery services .... which costs a lot
tho i get ur point .. its still reoverable .. ill look it up again !

enoonmai

Cyborg Agent
@theraven, pradeep: Just a quick question? I remember full formatting my computer and yet I've seen PCIFR show data that I know for sure was on the hard disk "before" formatting and not after it. I didn't try recovering the data because I was trying to wipe it clean. But if I wanted to, can I recover the data, if the integrity is maintained? So, if I were to use a full version data recovery software like Stellar, is there a chance that the data can be recovered if I don't wipe it. I've started wiping data securely after that, but still wondering about it, though.

theraven

Technomancer
if they are traces yeah im quite sure u can recover them provided the whole files contents are intact in the traces
sometimes u can view the files but all of it is not recoverable
however i really need to look into this full format thing before i say anything further

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom