Format Windows XP Professional

Status
Not open for further replies.

codeash

Broken In
Hi I have Windows XP Professional version....

I have a partition of my hard disk C: and E: windows is installed on C: is it possible to only format the C: drive which is basically a single hard drive partitioned into two....

If yes than please teach me how to format too or link me to some site where it is given in detail

devarajan

Journeyman
codeash said:
Hi I have Windows XP Professional version....

I have a partition of my hard disk C: and E: windows is installed on C: is it possible to only format the C: drive which is basically a single hard drive partitioned into two....

If yes than please teach me how to format too or link me to some site where it is given in detail

Backup the required DATA.And then insert the xp cd at booting of computer it will prompt PRESS ANY KEY TO BOOT FROM CD .Then press any key it will load the required file's and i will search for the previous version and it will prompt to list out the available driver's u select c: press D to delete that partion and again click C to created the partion after then click ENTER it will ask whether u want to format as NTFS or FAT32.select it according to ur requirement and enter it.That's it will start install with one reboot......that's it's u have installed new prof XP sp2.Any problem Reply me.... :p :p

manas

Wandering in the zone ...
Formatting a partition is easy.Just pop in the Windows XP setup disc and follow the steps or you can refer to the June 2005 Fast Track to "Upgrade your PC"

OP
C

codeash

Broken In
I don't want to delete the partition I just want to reinstall windows xp...without effecting my files on the same drive but on the partition...

devarajan

Journeyman
codeash said:
I don't want to delete the partition I just want to reinstall windows xp...without effecting my files on the same drive but on the partition...

What do u mean??Install of 2 xp in same drive????? :?:

R

Rohan Rastogi

Dat's eezy. just don't delete the partition in the steps of devarajan. Just install in it (overwrite)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom