forgot win password.

Status
Not open for further replies.

choudang

Padawan
Vishal-- nice info that you have....

ok.. let me ask you some thing.. suppose if you forgot the admin pass what you will do .. and you OS has onely one a/c ... may be all the people wil go for re-install or wil follow some huge process.... now there is a soln for every thing .....

use google to search "Windows Admin linux ISO" [cuz i forgot the direct link].. its a 2 MB ISO file, burn into the CD and just boot your PC with the disk.... YOU HAVE DONE IT.. just reset your Admin pass with a new pass....

do a google and download NTFS DOS and make a boot floppy.
then boot the compyter from the floppy...and copy the SAM and syskey (security.dat or system.dat...i dont actually remember) from c:\windows\repair or there is one more directory where the SAM and syskey are stored (i dont remember them).
next thing is to crack them, use softwares like SAMInside or CAIN to do that.
This method is very much thrilling than any other method.... though it will take some time according to your password strength.

NOTE:- mods, i think my answer is correct, if not please correct it otherwise, and i am not sure cracking your own password is legal or not. please delete this post if you feel that the content is inappropriate (BUT please dont warn me :wink: )

vaibhavgarg

Broken In
*www.petri.co.il/forgot_administrator_password.htm has 5 of those cool utilities to recover the lost passwords, so after burning these on a CD, enjoy a nice sleep :)

Kniwor

Learner
pratheesh_prakash said:
do a google and download NTFS DOS and make a boot floppy.
then boot the compyter from the floppy...and copy the SAM and syskey (security.dat or system.dat...i dont actually remember) from c:\windows\repair or there is one more directory where the SAM and syskey are stored (i dont remember them).
next thing is to crack them, use softwares like SAMInside or CAIN to do that.
This method is very much thrilling than any other method.... though it will take some time according to your password strength.

NOTE:- mods, i think my answer is correct, if not please correct it otherwise, and i am not sure cracking your own password is legal or not. please delete this post if you feel that the content is inappropriate (BUT please dont warn me :wink: )

Yeah it's legal.

The other directory where the sam and system files are stored is C:\WINDOWS\system32\config.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom