forgot password of YAHOO ID

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexcalls

Right off the assembly line
well frnz i got a problem i forgot my yahoo password n i dun remember the answer of my secret question since that was long time ago wen i made that id n since that id is very important 4 me so i want that . how can i get that .........., please suggest any way to rescue the password

bharathbala2003

why need title?
@alex there is one more way try contacting Yahoo Support.. else create a new accn. cos if u forget the secret question i dont think u can get back the pass..

enoonmai

Cyborg Agent
If you have Yahoo Messenger installed and if you've selected it to remember the password, you can download Messenger PassView from here and run it to reveal your Yahoo password.

*www.nirsoft.net/utils/mspass.html

Also works with MSN, Windows Messenger, ICQ, AIM, Trillian, Miranda and GAIM.

bluediamond

Broken In
i too hav a similar prob..
but yahoo asks for dob, location etc.before asking secret question.i dont remember wat i gave for those values..
wat to do

enoonmai

Cyborg Agent
If you have entered your Yahoo password in Messenger, then you can recover it real easy, but if you've forgot all the information you entered while registering, then I don't think much can be done as far as password recovery goes.

OP
A

alexcalls

now i wud like to mention one more thing that i have got these infos like dob n all these things n i have but i think the alternate email id i provided them was an old one n i m not using that anymore
so the prob still stnds n yes tx 4 suggetions u guyz provided but i haven't remembered my password in msngr

enoonmai

Cyborg Agent
Then pretty much all you can do to recover your information is to contact Yahoo! Customer Service via email, explain the problem to them, and hope they set it right. But tell me something, its been a ways since I used Yahoo's password recovery service, but doesn't it provide you an option of "Resetting" the password if you dont remember it, rather than sending a reset mail to your alternate mail ID. I seem to remember using this feature, has this been taken out in the new Yahoo?

bharathbala2003

why need title?
@enoonmai i dont think it has been taken off.. i rem doin it even a few weeks back.. even tho it displayed the new resetted pass.. a mail was sent 2 alternate id tellin the new pass..

enoonmai

Cyborg Agent
Hmm, so that does it. If you are able to remember all details, then you will be shown your reset password immediately after you complete the details and submit it. So if alexcalls can recall all that info, he shouldn't have a problem, however, if he has forgotten or made a mistake with those, he's probably out of luck.

bharathbala2003

why need title?
yes and i dont think the y! Customer care will also help out.. wat is the proof that he only is askin? even i can mail them with his id sayin i forgot that pass and also the recov. question..

i have a feeling he's gotta open a new accn.. anyway 2 mail Y! for his old pass.. so better use that... else try rememberin the secret question's answer..

OP
A

alexcalls

actually the problem doin it to my alternate yahoo id a s u have said but actually the problem is that the alternate id i provided was just by mistake i did that @rediff.com which shud b like @rediffmail.com
now that means the @rediff.com doesnot exist
now can sumbosy tell me if i can create an id like me@rediff.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom