Forget Digicam, suggest HandyCam

Status
Not open for further replies.

godsownman

Padawan
Hi,

See I cannot help you much with the price bcoz I had not bought mine here but I paid $250 +cover+battery+charger

But I must say that on Ebay you can get it for the same price for $250 with cover and some other stuff.

I checked at Ebay 's USA site and I saw.But its the risk that you have to take.But in India its way over ur budget bcoz of the duty ,warranty and others.

You can look at A510 as that might fit in ur <12K budget.

Do let me know if you need any other help.

Hulo

Broken In
If A520 exceeds your budget go for A510 and you'd not regret. A510 is exactly identical except for the resolution. But A520 is more slugglish than A510 for some reason. Also, some say that A520 basically interpolates the resolution to 4 MP from 3.2MP. I don't know if its correct. In any case, you'd not notice much difference in pix quality if you print upto 8x10 photos. If you want to print a larger size, even a 4MP camera would not do. You'd need 5MP or more. I have operated both the models and find the pix quality similar. Why pay 3000 more for not much advanced feature? Check out the comprehensive reviews in the following pages. Also compare the picture quality of same photos taken with both digicams and decide for yourself - *www.steves-digicams.com/2005_reviews/a510.html and *www.steves-digicams.com/2005_reviews/a520.html

Also, even if you are lured by the cheaper price in the grey market, consider the option of buying from authorised dealers. Grey market price for A510 is around 9500. But with the authorised dealer you'd get a 256 MB SD Card free (the 16MB card that comes with the camera is of no use) which is worth about 1700. U have to purchase it separately with the grey market model anyway. So the price comes to 11200. I got the cam at a price of Rs.11100 (incl. 4% VAT) from an authorised dealer. So I went for authorised dealer, which also got me 2 year warranty which is not available with the grey market piece.

tuxfan

Technomancer
That depends on the resolution and quality of your pic. Every camera lets you select you these two things.

Hulo

Broken In
shwetanshu said:
how many pics can a 16MB memory hold???

If u use the highest resolution and least compression, 16 MB card can hold approx. 7 pictures in case of a 4MP cam and 9 pictures in case of a 3.2 MP cam.

128 MB card - 61 and 76 pictures respectively

512 MB card - 237 and 295 pictures respectively

If u use lower compression or lower resolutions, it would be more. For example, if you shoot at 640x480 resolution (sufficient for screen-only viewing), a 512 MB card can hold 4316 pictures !

OP
S

shwetanshu

Cyborg Agent
thanx hulo but i think i m gonna stick with sony dsc s60, my bro is gonna buy a510, so we shud have a litte variety.

Thanx guys for ur help

Hulo

Broken In
OK, that's a good idea. Do post your experiences and photos on the same subject shot with both cam (there are lots of sites where u can do that). Just post a link here.

OP
S

shwetanshu

Cyborg Agent
ok ok the topic says it all. Damn i wanted digicam, i smelt something fishy wen my mother happilyu agreed for the digicam. Damn they were thinking a digicam to be a handycam. Curse my frnd who told them the difference.

Ok now my budget stands at 23K, nothing more, so suggest handycam. Sony preferably.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom