For Sale: Pentium II pc

Status
Not open for further replies.

malds82

Right off the assembly line
Hello Guys,

It seems a bit odd but i need to sell off my old pc.
Configuration is as below

Pentium II 350Mhz Processor
810 Motherboard
256 MB SDRAM
ASUS 52x Cd Writer
14" ViewSonic Colour Monitor
40GB HDD
Keyboard and Mouse
Creative Stereo Speakers

Win XP OS
Movies and Softwares loaded

It's priced at 3500 bucks.

I stay at Mumbai and my id is malds82@rediffmail.com

Anyone genuinely interested please feel free to contact me.

Regards,
Hellobaba

Renny

Padawan
Dude instead of selling the PC u can use it for downloading, thats what i've done with my P3 PC,

I leave it on for days together and it does'nt heat up at all,

Its just a suggestion dude, not meant to crap ur thread or anythin.

qadirahmed

Journeyman
can any one suggess me how much can we pay for this........?
sorry guys i dont have any idea about it....

But am interested

BloodReaper

Broken In
i got all the components 20 days back, i have yet to get the mobo shipped then ill assemble it. (2 weeks more)

right now im using my old PC

PS im selling off these 2 graphic cards and if nvidia releases 9800GTX by 2 weeks ill get 2 shipped along with my mobo:grin:

i got all the components 20 days back, i have yet to get the mobo shipped then ill assemble it. (2 weeks more)

right now im using my old PC

PS im selling off these 2 graphic cards and if nvidia releases 9800GTX by 2 weeks ill get 2 shipped along with my mobo:grin:
:shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock:
kya karoge is system pe???
I cant use even 2 8800GTS's.Single 8800 GTS 512 with Q6600 is more that enuf,bacche ki jaan lega kya?

the intel dot station with similar config but a few things missing, can be had brand new for 3.5k.
so this (obviously very old) PC is overpriced.
and you can't say softwares and games preloaded. Its illegal to offer pirated stuff for sale here

nileshgr

Wise Old Owl
@seller, use Linux. It will boost the use of the pc. win32 is a resource hog. You can have a full-fledged Linux distro like Ubuntu or Fedora. It will rock man!

@seller, use Linux. It will boost the use of the pc. win32 is a resource hog. You can have a full-fledged Linux distro like Ubuntu or Fedora. It will rock man!
as an experienced user, I can confirm that Windows XP is lighter than the latest Ubuntu. Just think. When XP was made these comps were dead popular. But ubuntu and fedora target today's comps. They need better hardware.

But I recomend Slackware, Damn Small Linux, etc.

nileshgr

Wise Old Owl
as an experienced user, I can confirm that Windows XP is lighter than the latest Ubuntu. Just think. When XP was made these comps were dead popular. But ubuntu and fedora target today's comps. They need better hardware.

But I recomend Slackware, Damn Small Linux, etc.
See Fedora 8's release notes!

It says that for a GUI system min. ram is 256 and CPU is Pentium II 200 Mhz

ray|raven

Think Zen.
Lolz, yeah. But thats only to run the GUI.
In order to run either Gnome or KDE decently and have enuf memory to run apps, You should have atleast 512Mb RAM.
If you can live with Xfce/Fluxbox then 256 is good enuf.
But a 200 MHz processor is too low mate.

IMO Gnome and KDE are getting bloated with each release.
I remember running ubuntu 4.10 with gnome and kde on my P3 with 128 Megs of RAM.
Now i cant even run Ubuntu on my system with 256 megs of RAM.

Last edited:

nileshgr

Wise Old Owl
Lolz, yeah. But thats only to run the GUI.
In order to run either Gnome or KDE decently and have enuf memory to run apps, You should have atleast 512Mb RAM.
If you can live with Xfce/Fluxbox then 256 is good enuf.
But a 200 MHz processor is too low mate.
kaam chalau! atleast its less than win32sux.

I am running GNOME on 384 MB ram! It works well.

just a lil bit of minesweeper here and there:D
dude, I seriously recomend you go for a GT version next time. GTX is never really worth it.

And if you really want to concider a huge budget upgrade, how about that 24K mobo from intel that supports dual CPUs(all penryn and above) and has 4 PCIe 2.0 x16 slots, and has support for both SLi And CrossFire, plus comes with bonuses like DDR3 support, and(guess) onboard RAM ?:D

BloodReaper

Broken In
Dont be brainwashed by others let me tell you if money i no bar GTX Pwns GT for breakfast. NO questions asked. Period. The 8800GT has been able to come near to the 8800GTX only becuase of change in manufacturing process and PCIe2

As for skulltrail its wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy expensive

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom