For Sale : Microsft product License

Status
Not open for further replies.

htnakirs

Journeyman
Need a bit of elaboration.
Are you referring to the small scrap of paper with a hologram that contains the serial number, among other things, that comes with the CD?
How can one check if these are authentic, besides taking your word for it?
I was under the impression that these licenses are not transferrable, if once activated. Can you add some info on this?

Where are you located?

OP
gxsaurav

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
They r retail edition keys & follow retail edition activation & transfer rules. Right now I m in metro to home, will post rest from home

Garbage

God of Mistakes...
So, you are running business in parallel with M$ ? Selling their product licenses in less price ?

iq6886

Broken In
These licenses are free for students of respectable universities ( like me :) DU ), if it is legal to sell these license keys than i also hv plenty ( 30-40) , n cn sell to u for even less..

Seriously i dont think it's legal...

OP
gxsaurav

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
How much did these licenses cost you? CAn you put up pics of the licenses (with the No.s covered)?

These license are free for me which I got in my mail from MS, however I don't need them so selling them. There is nothing to take a print of.
Seriously i dont think it's legal...

Unless u work for MS :D

I don't have net connection at my home right now, so I will be out of touch from here for some days, however, Din, Nish_higher have my phone number so U can call me if u like

Last edited:

adi007

Youngling
well i also think it is illegal
Better u check coz ur MVP status might get hampered if it is not allowed ..
Coz AFAIK every MVP will get these licenses...i remember a post in which VG says that the advantage of MVP is they get free licenses...
Not sure but if u got these licenses due to ur MVP status...better cross check whether it is allowed and legal
and i have heard that u guys have to sign NDA..

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
MSDN Subscription Licensing

MSDN Subscriptions are licensed to individuals who may install the provided software without restriction. Software provided through MSDN Subscriptions is licensed for design, development, test and demonstration of your applications.

*msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/subscriptions/aa948867.aspx

selling them means Commercial Use which is not legal

The MSDN End User License Agreement (EULA) allows each person with an MSDN license to use all of the software that is included in the subscription for development, test, and demonstration purposes only.
*msdn.microsoft.com/hi-in/subscriptions/aa948864(en-us).aspx

There are multiple products in the subscription. Can I give some of them to another end user?
Everyone who uses products within MSDN subscriptions must have an MSDN subscriptions license. The contents of MSDN subscriptions cannot be shared with non-subscribers or subscribers with a lower subscription level.
May I use MSDN Subscriptions software to install software for day-to-day (production) use?

No, but with one exception. Software in your MSDN subscription comes with a development, test, and demonstration license. Examples of prohibited use include:

* You may not install Exchange Server from your MSDN subscription and use it to send and receive personal or business-related e-mail.
* You may not install Windows NT Server from your MSDN subscription and use it to host your own personal or business Web site.
* One exception is that the MSDN Premium subscription comes with one license to Desktop Applications (typically on blue discs) such as Microsoft Office Professional 2003, Visio Standard 2003, and Project Standard 2003 for business use directly related to the design, development, test, and/or demonstration of software projects. For example, you can use Project Standard to manage a development project, use Visio Standard to diagram your application, etc. Project Professional and Visio Professional are included in MSDN Premium subscriptions for development, testing, and demonstration purposes, however they may not be used for such business use.
* In addition, one copy of Office Professional 2003 can be used for general business use, unrelated to development and testing. Again, only persons with an MSDN Premium Subscription license can use these Microsoft Office products in this manner.

What do you mean by "production?" What are examples of test and development work?

By "production" we mean any activity that is personal, for general business use, or not directly related to the testing and development of software applications.
Examples of (prohibited) production use include:

* Installing Windows 98 to play games for entertainment.
* Installing Windows 2000 Server and Exchange Server to set up an e-mail system that you use to send personal and/or business-related e-mail.

You may not use your MSDN subscription as a substitute for purchasing a retail license for an operating system if you do more than develop and test on your computer.
Examples of development and testing use include:

* Testing to see if a program in development works equally well with various different operating systems.
* Designing and writing a program to assist with internal order procurement and distribution.

I've had an MSDN subscription for some time now and have many old discs that are duplicates or that I simply don't use. Can I give them away or sell them?
No. You may only sell or transfer your MSDN Subscription as a whole, and you must transfer all materials received with the subscription to the new owner.

To conclude
So selling MSDN licenses is not legal, however if you have brought retail version which are supported by a Invoice then its perfectly legal to sell them.

OP
gxsaurav

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Oh! welll, from what I checked, it won't create a problem, It isn't the MSDN License, just the ISO I downloaded from MSDN, which I chould have downloaded from Torrents too.

m-jeri

Caballero de Real Madrid
^^^

u better dont do this...
this have been debated in another forum i go... its not legal..ur a MVP... unless u clear it with ur above guys..this would be a PITA for ya...

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
Oh! welll, from what I checked, it won't create a problem, It isn't the MSDN License, just the ISO I downloaded from MSDN, which I chould have downloaded from Torrents too.
If you are so sure, Then its Okay
Best of Luck with your sale;)

OP
gxsaurav

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Mods, please close this thread. I confirmed from my MVP Lead. Although it won't create a problem but why do something illegal (specially where I work :D)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom