for internet PC . plz help

Status
Not open for further replies.

dearkumar

Broken In
well the problem is I am going to russia for 6 months and my parents ( who know very less in computer ...just type and email somehow !! ) will have to use my PC to communicate with me . So I need your valuable suggestions to what are the softwares I should install and learn them to use before going ?this PC will be used just for internet purpose

like say >> I will install windows ( ofcourse ) and office , I have nod32antivirus . I have to install a POPemail client and configure it bore going . again yahoo messenger , gtalk for chat & video chat . and 2-3 webbrowers like opera / firefox XP ( they started learning using firefox and now saying FF is much better than IE ) . again for simple editing editpad-Lite .

what more ?

Dont install too many applications. Keep it plain and simple.

Messenger: Pidgin (as it has support for both Gtalk and Yahoo on same app)
Browser : Agree with you on Firefox, but dont install script based addons
Also, dont install too many browsers at it may lead to confusion
Email Client: Stick to Outlook Express, or otherwise use Mozilla Thunderbird.

Also teach them to work around attachments, pics(like saving them in My Docs and viewing using picture viewer, etc.)

Just my two paisa :)

paroh

Padawan
well the problem is I am going to russia for 6 months and my parents ( who know very less in computer ...just type and email somehow !! ) will have to use my PC to communicate with me . So I need your valuable suggestions to what are the softwares I should install and learn them to use before going ?this PC will be used just for internet purpose

like say >> I will install windows ( ofcourse ) and office , I have nod32antivirus . I have to install a POPemail client and configure it bore going . again yahoo messenger , gtalk for chat & video chat . and 2-3 webbrowers like opera / firefox XP ( they started learning using firefox and now saying FF is much better than IE ) . again for simple editing editpad-Lite .

what more ?

I think u can install TeamViewer_on ur pc and set to run it automatically and set the excess password. so that if any problem arise u can help ur parents remotely from russia.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom