folder sharing between 2 domains...

Status
Not open for further replies.

quad_master

Tired of being sorry!
i have faced a problem while sharing a folder in our LAN. me & my friend log on to different doamins, say for me it is DOMAIN1 & for my friend it is DOMAIN2(on the same LAN). i wanna share a folder with my friend(@ DOMAIN2) only, but can't add
my friend exclusively...but if i share it with EVERYONE option then my friend can access the folder :mad:...i need the exclusive sharing of the folder

i'm adding my friend in permission dialogue as:
<username>@<domain name>
<domain name>\<username>

none of these works...any way out??? :confused:

6laz3r

Broken In
this can only be done if there exists a "trust" between the domains and users are explicitly allowed to share. unfortunately this can only be done at domain admin levels. a "trust" relationship allows sharing/communications between domains. clearly a trust exists between your 2 domains as your friend can access the folder when security access is set to everyone. what is missing is the right for you to add your friend as you cannot access his user active directory account from your domain. i dont think there is a workaround. will need help from your domain admin.

suggestion... try microsoft mesh... look it up on google. your friend will be able to access your computer and you can access his.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom