folder name creation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Biplav

In the zone
u cant.

Names conflicting with some of Win OS' old DOS functions (Not allowed in either upper or lowercase and with or without a file extension: COM1 to COM9 inclusive, LPT1 to LPT9 inclusive, CON, PRN, AUX, CLOCK$ and NUL)

and plz search. its there already in a thread.

__Virus__

Ambassador of Buzz
cinthia said:
Why am I not able to make a folder named "con" on my computer? :lol:

Just in case you dint know here is search button:

*geocities.com/dalordvirus/search.jpg

And when you click search you get window like this:

*geocities.com/dalordvirus/search1.jpg

After you type con in text area provided by "Search for keywords" it wud look like:

*geocities.com/dalordvirus/search2.jpg

And when you hit enter results will be like:

*geocities.com/dalordvirus/search3.jpg

And you can click any of the topic from results and get the answer. Damn it you wasted so much of my time.

OP
C

cinthia

Right off the assembly line
for ur kind information

for ur kind information i m new member today and i have posted my first post today only.i m new in this forum so naturally i overlooked the search option.
nobody asked u to waste time for helping me unnecessarily.so it is meaningless to write "Damn it you wasted so much of my time."

thanks a lot!

__Virus__

Ambassador of Buzz
Re: for ur kind information

cinthia said:
for ur kind information i m new member today

Most welcome.

cinthia said:
and i have posted my first post today only

Way to go!!!

cinthia said:
I m new in this forum so naturally i overlooked the search option.

That's why I helped you :D

cinthia said:
nobody asked u to waste time for helping me unnecessarily.so it is meaningless to write "Damn it you wasted so much of my time."

Take it easy dood it was a joke :)

cinthia said:
thanks a lot!

Most welcome :D

Ravi+ish

Journeyman
:D

i think u shud keep ur cool cinth.... it's a public place!!! Just share ur knowledge to help ppl and u'll get help!!!

h_kunte

Journeyman
Well....Seemt u 2 have stopped for now..

Anyways, we need ppl like VIRUS to remind the noobies that they got to read the sticky before posting...

Also, ppl like cynthia got to be more "aware" when entering a new forum....Read the rules first.....&......be apologetic if anyone reprimands u...

Even I was once a novice here (my title still says that!!) & I too learnt all these things the hard way....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom