Folder Lock

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom Thomas

Broken In
I have used the Folder Lock 5.0 which the Digit provided in the August or september issue. It's fantastic, cool.

But......

In Win XP it hides my CD-ROM drive perfectly. That's exactly what i want!!

The problem is in Win98 SE where this feature (hides my CD-ROM drive) does not work.
When i click the Browse option to the select the CD-ROM drive for hiding , this software takes me to the Portability Screen.

Following are the contents which shows on the screen for ur reference....

"After clicking the next button u will be able to select the drive u want security in.This will copy the program folder of 'Folder Lock' to that drive. And .... "

So u guys out there tell me is there any way i can get around that. If no, suggest me a stable OS other than Win98 which requires less resources and which supports this software to Lock CD-ROM, Since i have only 128Mb RAM which slows done my XP .

Or any other software for that matter for Win98.

choudang

Padawan
why don't you go for Folder Guard prof. It has the feature like user authontication as like win NT. you can provide attribute setting to each of the folder that you have in your hard drive. it works in all WINs

choudang

Padawan
these are the link for Folder guard.

*www.folder-guard.com/
*www.winability.com/
*www.winability.net/
*www.winability-software.com/

or you can go
*www.download.com

Maverick340

Ambassador of Buzz
OFFTOPIC:Why do ppl not give the guy the answer to his qustion instred of suggesting him some other s/w.Seen this in lots of posts....
i porsonally dont know the answer .so sorry!

godsownman

Padawan
amanwannalearn said:
OFFTOPIC:Why do ppl not give the guy the answer to his qustion instred of suggesting him some other s/w.Seen this in lots of posts....
i porsonally dont know the answer .so sorry!

I think the simple reason for that is that everybody does not have the time to try each and every software and it is very rare that somebody might have come across a similar problem. So the reason why people suggest another software is to solve the persons problem.

And there is no harm in trying new things.

Also , Even I do not know the answer to this problem. Please excuse. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom